Question On My Leo Vince.

Heikes

Ok, last year I put these on my bike. Camw with no gasket, which if it did I am sure there would be no room for one anyways. So this was last year around augest/september and there was no leak at all. Now I have had it running a couple times this year already and noticed condensation dripping from the pipe where it's connected to the header. So I felt down there when riding and I can feel air leaking out, now is this just a matter of tighting up the clamp again that might have loosened up over the winter? Or what? I don't see how a gasket could fit in there, plus I have read other posts about there really is no gasket for it anyways. Oh yeah it's a 2003 just in case you are wondering.

Thank you for the help that I am hopefully about to recieve.

• Member Contributer

There's no gasket to speak of. It's probably just a matter of tightening the clamp as you thought. I believe on the stock exhaust requires a gasket, probably required by law.

• 4 weeks later...

If you can feel gas flowing from the joint, it's leaking. Especially if you have gotten it all warmed up by riding it.

try tightening the clamp, but don't crush the pipes.

There are paste type exhaust sealer available as well.

They are commonly used on slip together exhaust pipes on lots of european cars.

Its black or dark grey and can get everywhere, but it will seal up to medium leaks at slip joints like that.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you guys mean on the section where it joins the cat? Like this!

img1168d.jpg

By yosimetesam, shot with Canon DIGITAL IXUS 800 IS at 2010-02-19

The OEM one does not fit! The section that joins onto the cat if you have one is a lot more narrow than the stock one! My Leo Vince's never came with a replacement graphite gasket! So do you just install with out one? Got me beat..

img1167f.jpg

By yosimetesam, shot with Canon DIGITAL IXUS 800 IS at 2010-02-19

Archived