Front Wheel?

Guest want2ride

Guest want2ride

I've heard about this a couple times and figured I'd see if anyone else has too. I heard a CBR600 F4 front wheel will work on a VFR800. I know the brake rotors interchange between a CBR900 and 996 Super Hawk and VFR800 6gen. I did some rough measurements at a track day on a CBR600 F4 and it sure looks like it would work. Any input?

I've heard about this a couple times and figured I'd see if anyone else has too. I heard a CBR600 F4 front wheel will work on a VFR800. I know the brake rotors interchange between a CBR900 and 996 Super Hawk and VFR800 6gen. I did some rough measurements at a track day on a CBR600 F4 and it sure looks like it would work. Any input?

f4i does... not sure about f4

F4 (99-00) would be a straight bolt up with the possible exception of axle spacers, but uses the same rotors, axle, etc. as the VFR.

F4i would also work if you used the F4i rotors too, both are 3 spoke wheels instead of the VFR's 5 spoke. :fing02:

I'm pretty sure the rotor spacing is the same on all 3? :laugh:

Guest want2ride

Thanks guys, thinking about going to a carbin fiber wheel but one markets it for the VFR; so I'll look for a 600 wheel.

Thanks guys, thinking about going to a carbin fiber wheel but one markets it for the VFR; so I'll look for a 600 wheel.

You could add a Center Knock-off 3 spoke Dymag or other aftermarket rear wheel to go with the 3 spoke front! :fing02:

F4/F4i rotors do not interchange with the CBR900RR or VTR1000F. They do, however, interchange with CBR929 and 954 I believe.

The F4 rotors do interchange with the 900RR and VTR, as well as a couple other models. The F4i rotors do not, they have a larger bolt pattern than the F4.

For example, I have purchased F4 rotors to put on my VFR, but they do not fit my F4i. I have bolted 330mm 929 rotors to my F4i and RC51 wheels, but they do not fit my VFR.