Two Brother On A 5th Gen?

Insomniac

• Member Contributer

I have a two brothers old style (aluminum canister) and I love it. It's loud enough to scare old ladies when I want to, but not so loud as to have the police come after me for a sound violation. It really has a nice, throaty tone.

• Member Contributer

I had one on my 4th gen and liked the sound.

They're not the best of quality, though. My midpipe rusted out pretty quickly, given our weather here.

Don't know your preference, but I'm partial to a high-mount, which TB no longer lists for the 5th gen.

For the money, I'd go for something else; Staintune seems to be a favorite and, being made entirely of stainless steel, they never have to be re-packed.

I've heard good and bad about Micron (good sound, hit-and-miss fit, bad customer service). That can probably be said for any mid-level company, though.

Remus is another stainless steel line that does not need repacking.

For super-loud, D&D is your choice, but the quality is average.

There's a ton of companies out there, but 5th gen support is dropping off.

Was there a particular reason you asked after Two Bros.?

Got a M-2 Carbon fiber on mine and I really like it. Bought it more for looks than anything. Cleaned the cat out and put a power commander on last year. It sounds really good at about 6,000 RPM. Color combination is what sold me. Bike is Yellow and black, so is the can. Sounds ok when at idle but it sounds great at higher RPMs.

If you wish, PM me with your email address and I'll send you some pictures.

Thats an oval 2 Brothers there, but I drilled the rivets to get rid of thier logo

caskills040.jpg

This is a round 2 Brothers that has no packing. Loud.

pienspics109.jpg

And this is a D&D pregmant snake.

caskills060.jpg

I have no complaints with the 2 Bros.

I have a carbon Two Bros (see avatar pic) but if I had the money I would jump on a high mount staintune. Now with that being said I really like the sound and looks of the Two Bros.

• Member Contributer

Mcrew has a carbon fibre highmount on his and it sounds fantastic, actually like the sound better than my tune highmount. His really growls where the tune is a little more muffled .

I just uninstalled my old high mount Two Brothers tonight, two loud for me mostly because there's not much inside of it. I went with a high mount carbon fiber Remus for my 2000 VFR. There are some pics in my gallery of the Two Brothers installed otherwise, here is the info about the Remus. Two brothers and Micron no longer make a high mount carbon. Your only options for carbon fiber high mount are Remus or Hindle if you buy from an over seas company.

My exhaust finally arrived today, woo hoo. After many searches and phone calls, the only high mount carbon fiber available for purchase and shipping in the United States for our 5th gens, is the Remus Exhaust. After some email exhanges, I found out that Remus exhausts never have to be repacked so I was estatic about that. I purchased it from sporttour.com and received it within 7 days. Great service!!! ........... http://sporttour.com/honda/vfr.htm

First impression is that I LOVE IT. It's quiter than my old Two Brothers but that was to be expected because the Two Brothers was gutted or worn out when I bought this bike a few months ago. I really like the low rumble and I actually perfer quieter exhausts. The fit and finish on the Remus is great. I had to grind a little bit of the bracket that mounts to the bolt which holds the foot pegs on to get it to fit but it didn't take long with my dremel. Easy to install, it came with some spacers to push the passenger peg bracket out about 1/2 inch. I didn't have to drill into the frame or anything. I noticed that drilling had been done previously with the Two Brothers high mount exhaust when I uninstalled it.

The Remus has a much lower tone than Two Bros and I no longer get any drone inside my helmet which I was getting from the Two Bros. My girlfriend went for a ride tonight with me and she loves it too. She mentioned it was much quiter and it's not hot at all, it's just warm, even after sitting in traffic and the engine getting up to 220. I was able to put my hand on it and it was warm. My girlfriend said she's going to use it to keep her hands warm while were on the freeway this winter..lol. I can't compare the sound to the stock exhaust because I never had one but I like it much better than the two brothers, it's deeper. Two Bros sounded good too, it was just different, but did have a nice lop at idle. The Two Bros was just LOUD for me !!!

I'm probably going to sell my old two brothers for $100 bucks shipped since it needs a repack. If anyone sees this thread PM me if your interested otherwise, I post it for sale when I get back from FL next week.

Here are some pics of the Remus exhaust on my 5th gen from this evening. I'll get some better ones next week in day light. I think this finally does it for all my modifications except for some frame sliders, maybe I'll do those after Xmas.

PB110021800x600.jpg

PB110022800x600.jpg

PB110025800x600.jpg

PB110024800x600.jpg

PB110023800x600.jpg

Archived