2bro's Vs Leo For A 6th Gen

46alpha

• Member Contributer

Just as the title says. Trying to decide between a Two Bro's or Leo Vince cf slip on system for my new (to me) 6th gen. I've done some looking and asked on VFRWorld as well. I've come up with the following pros and cons. Feel free to sound off with anything else.

2Bros:

Pros:

Looks great on the 6th gen

Less cash for the cf cans

Cons:

Only one pipe used

From the sound clips I've heard, it sounds more raspy than the Leo

LeoV:

Pros:

Great looking CF, maybe the best

Great sound

Cons:

More cash

I don't like the tips on the cans

I know both looks and sound are so subjective, what about performance gains? I understand that I shouldn't expect much, but will one gain me more than the other (I'm also putting in a BMC and PCIII)?

I was almost sold on the Leo's till I saw the going price for the CF pipes. Almost $1000??? That's crazy! I might have to go the aluminum route. I still like the look of the 2Bro's better tho.

Any info or thoughts would be mucho appreciated!

• Member Contributer

Tough one...

I have the Leo CF cans and really like them.

But, I REALLY like the look of the Two Bro's.

I haven't heard the TB's in person so I can't comment other than all after market exhausts sound better than stock.

As far as the one dummy can on the TB's... My opinion is who cares, they look great.

They have been making exhausts for decades and I'm sure they did buttloads of homework when they were designing/testing them.

The only thing I don't like about the TB's is the lack of a heel guard. Although I do not know if it actually does anything.

In the end, go with what YOU like.

sPOTO

Rumor has it the stash can is big enough to put a bottle of wine in. You got to love that so you can win you g/f back after you've gone riding all day!!! :cool: :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I have the V.A.L.E. set up. I wish I had two pipes. 'Course I do have a spare and they(it) do sound good and I could fabricate a new pipe. :blink:

• Member Contributer

I had the Two Bros "Stash" system on my 02. I found it quite loud, even while on the road. Maybe it needed to be repacked but I removed it for another reason also, it rubbed on the OEM luggage rack. Only on the right side, it vibrated enough, it was mounted with a strap, that it started too wear into the aluminum casing of the muffler. On my 07 I have left it stock.

• Member Contributer
I have the V.A.L.E. set up. I wish I had two pipes. 'Course I do have a spare and they(it) do sound good and I could fabricate a new pipe. :blink:

Even though the VALE system has a phony can, they look pretty cool. And remember, just because there's only one functional can doesn't necessarily mean the system is inferior in terms of performance. The Gixxer 1k comes with dual cans from the factory. If you want to just get slip-ons, most companies sell two functioning cans. However, if you go with a full system (i.e. headers + can), there's only one can. I realize you aren't getting a full system, but I'm just trying to show that dual cans don't always equate to better performance.

I've heard the full-system for the Gixxer really rocks.

Archived