Suspension Upgrades

Guest guyzvfr

does anyone have a great upgrade idea for an 85 vf100r for front forks and brakes. i have recently changed to 600f2 front and rear rims, new wave rotors and f2 rear brake. now the rear is more brake reliable than the front. i have seen a photo of this bike with some inverted ohlins forks. i am not sure i can handle the expense of that but an existing bike like my 900rr rear shock that i had fit to my bike. certainly someone out there has done this and is dying to tell others. i will soon send pics of my scoot.

does anyone have a great upgrade idea for an 85 vf100r for front forks and brakes. i have recently changed to 600f2 front and rear rims, new wave rotors and f2 rear brake. now the rear is more brake reliable than the front. i have seen a photo of this bike with some inverted ohlins forks. i am not sure i can handle the expense of that but an existing bike like my 900rr rear shock that i had fit to my bike. certainly someone out there has done this and is dying to tell others. i will soon send pics of my scoot.

Upsidown forks would be nice but I'm wondering if the usually wider fork spacing and larger triples might be harder to accomodate on older bike frames and fairings that have smaller original fork assemblies. Maybe later RWU forks from CBR900s or the VTR1000 could be an easier install The CBR 900 fork will most likely be a big enough improvement from the F2 forks and might present similar opportunities for tuning with aftermarket parts, plus the CBR900 forks will be much cheaper than most upsidownies.

Beck

95 VFR

Archived