Not Happy With Givi Gear Support!

Trebor

• Member Contributer

It has been over a year that I have been trying to get replacement part from Givi for my Monorack!! Broke one and lost the other #4 bolt including the two #8 spacers and with dealers trying and the Canadian supplier communicating with Givi I still haven't seen any replacement parts!!

Apart from ordering a whole new Monorack, anyone have any suggestions for getting the parts I need?

Definitely can't recommend Givi based on their replacement parts support!! :fing02:

076fz257.pdf

• Member Contributer

Bolts are fairly standard and are metric sizing. If your local hardware store isn't carrying a lot of metric, check the phone book for a bolt supply store - they are in most major centers. Should be a LOT cheaper than trying to purchase through GIVI.

It has been over a year that I have been trying to get replacement part from Givi for my Monorack!! Broke one and lost the other #4 bolt including the two #8 spacers and with dealers trying and the Canadian supplier communicating with Givi I still haven't seen any replacement parts!!

Apart from ordering a whole new Monorack, anyone have any suggestions for getting the parts I need?

Definitely can't recommend Givi based on their replacement parts support!! :pissed:

076fz257.pdf

• Member Contributer

Definitely can't recommend Givi based on their replacement parts support!! :fing02:

076fz257.pdf

I know you said Canada, but try http://www.giviusa.com/ .....they have always been very helpful with me when I click on "contact us" and send em' an E-mail............... :idea3:

• Member Contributer

I probably have those items in the piles of random crap in my garage. And if I didn't, it's as close as the good hardware store, about ten miles across town.

I wouldn't bother trying to get it from Givi - why wait for the slow boat from Italy when you can get it today? Burlington isn't the wilds of northern Ontario; it's heavy industry central. I'm sure there's a local source somewhere near you.

• Member Contributer
I probably have those items in the piles of random crap in my garage. And if I didn't, it's as close as the good hardware store, about ten miles across town.

I wouldn't bother trying to get it from Givi - why wait for the slow boat from Italy when you can get it today? Burlington isn't the wilds of northern Ontario; it's heavy industry central. I'm sure there's a local source somewhere near you.

GIVI USA has a major warehouse in Charlotte, NC now Katherine.......... :fing02:

• Member Contributer
extremely good service at Givi MotoGp display, they sold me a display unit at a discount and I got lots of freebies, very nice people, were riders and it shows.

Yep...top notch company with top notch people.......... :rolleyes:

You might give twisted throttle.com a shot, I've had pretty good luck with them and Givi pieces. I just got some of those little yarnstop cords and buttons for the inside of my cases from them.

• Member Contributer
You might give twisted throttle.com a shot, I've had pretty good luck with them and Givi pieces. I just got some of those little yarnstop cords and buttons for the inside of my cases from them.

Another top notch company to deal with............. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

GIVI USA has a major warehouse in Charlotte, NC now Katherine.......... :rolleyes:

This is indeed true. First time I ordered Givis, it took months to get them. At the time, finding a Givi dealer was so difficult that I spent weeks going back and forth in email with the one guy at the Givi distributor in NC, because I couldn't find anyone locally or selling via the 'net, and while the Givi distributor was willing to sell direct to me at full retail, they didn't have a secure ordering website and they wouldn't give me their phone number - they wanted me to email them my credit card number. Email is not encrypted so that was NOT happening, and the Givi rep seemed to think I was the crazy one. Finally someone on one of the forums came up with a pointer to an internet retailer in Arizona that sold them online. Nowadays, of course, they're all over the place; the Givi dealers actually compete with each other and offer discounts. And I bet there's more than one guy at the NC Givi office now.

It also took a couple months the first time I ordered spare Givi parts. The dealer I was working with back then has since disappeared, no shocker there.

Last time I ordered spare parts I got 'em in under a week (the quick service was from Twisted Throttle, btw). I have even personally been in a brick and mortar store that had Givi stuff available in stock to just walk in and buy (Adventure Motostuff in Carson City NV).

But I wonder if Canada still has the kind of Givi distribution that we used to have here in the USA?

• Member Contributer

I wasn't as pleased with GIVI USA. I lost one of the rubber bumpers that go on the base plate and stops the case from 'rattling'.

Customer support told me to order them for some ungodly amount (can't remember now) plus shipping.

After spending that much on a rack, I figured that would be a 'Give me your address and I'll send the plugs right out' type of deal.

But, then again, that's what I get for being a cheapskate (BTW, I'm still missing one rubber bumper)

-t

Last year a gust of wind blew open the topcase and ripped the top from the bottom hinges (and ripped apart the lanyards that stop the topcase from openning too far). There was minimal damage to the top (I had ordered the special Candy Apple Red painted top), but the hinges were destroyed. I sent an e-mail to Givi, they told me to ship them the damaged topcase so they could take a look at it. They sent me a brand new topcase (painted) at no charge. Givi customer service is exceptional. Contact them directly.

• Member Contributer

Free trade? Not really... it can be a pain to import into Canada, and frequently companies will order only a few times a month so to avoid paying too much tarriff for "brokerage" services. Brokerage can be $75-100 per shipment, regardless of the cost. (Yes, even on a $5 item, I discovered that the hard way). At least company to company.

GIVI USA has a major warehouse in Charlotte, NC now Katherine.......... :fing02:

This is indeed true. First time I ordered Givis, it took months to get them. At the time, finding a Givi dealer was so difficult that I spent weeks going back and forth in email with the one guy at the Givi distributor in NC, because I couldn't find anyone locally or selling via the 'net, and while the Givi distributor was willing to sell direct to me at full retail, they didn't have a secure ordering website and they wouldn't give me their phone number - they wanted me to email them my credit card number. Email is not encrypted so that was NOT happening, and the Givi rep seemed to think I was the crazy one. Finally someone on one of the forums came up with a pointer to an internet retailer in Arizona that sold them online. Nowadays, of course, they're all over the place; the Givi dealers actually compete with each other and offer discounts. And I bet there's more than one guy at the NC Givi office now.

It also took a couple months the first time I ordered spare Givi parts. The dealer I was working with back then has since disappeared, no shocker there.

Last time I ordered spare parts I got 'em in under a week (the quick service was from Twisted Throttle, btw). I have even personally been in a brick and mortar store that had Givi stuff available in stock to just walk in and buy (Adventure Motostuff in Carson City NV).

But I wonder if Canada still has the kind of Givi distribution that we used to have here in the USA?

• Member Contributer
Last year a gust of wind blew open the topcase and ripped the top from the bottom hinges (and ripped apart the lanyards that stop the topcase from openning too far). There was minimal damage to the top (I had ordered the special Candy Apple Red painted top), but the hinges were destroyed. I sent an e-mail to Givi, they told me to ship them the damaged topcase so they could take a look at it. They sent me a brand new topcase (painted) at no charge. Givi customer service is exceptional. Contact them directly.

This sounds more like the relationship I've had with em'...top notch............. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Doubt you can but if there is a will call or someway to pick this stuff up at the warehouse, I would be glad to pay for it and mail it. I go past their warehouse 2 or 3 times a week.

• Member Contributer
Doubt you can but if there is a will call or someway to pick this stuff up at the warehouse, I would be glad to pay for it and mail it. I go past their warehouse 2 or 3 times a week.

This might be good to know Brian, Old Pal, Old Buddy, Really Good Friend..........working yet............. :biggrin:

From my experience, Givi is top-notch! I would recommend calling and speaking to someone and progressing up the chain through supervisors if need be. Sooner or later, someone had better make you happy since you are a customer!

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the feedback ... gives me hope and some direction to try again! will be drive down to Florida in November so may try a couple places on the way down!

:warranty:

• Member Contributer
Skuuter you know that if does not require effort, thought, energy or money, I'm here for you.!

Very comforting to know............... :warranty:

• Member Contributer
One more option done .... Twisted Throttle can't help! :warranty:

If you want, you can order them from twisted Throttle and sent here (Michigan) and I can send them back to Canada with a friend who is visiting the first week in October, for re-shipment to you. PM me if you want to do thsi and I'll give you my address.

Archived