Regulator/rectifier Replacement For Blown Oem

Guest Netputty

Guest Netputty

My RR has taken the dirtnap. Aside from beefing the wiring, does anyone have any recommendations on what to replace the OEM one with? '96 750.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
My RR has taken the dirtnap. Aside from beefing the wiring, does anyone have any recommendations on what to replace the OEM one with? '96 750.

Thanks!

Hello:

I've gone back to the OEM Honda (Shindengen). However, my beloved mechanic WILL NOT install the ElectroSport any longer - they simply fail too much.

He absolutely swears by Rick's:

http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/

No, I have not used one myself; so, I guess that makes this a third-party endorsement.

rctwentyfour

Ricks sells a good unit, and backs it up well also...this is what I resell.

I prefer the 98-99 unit to the 90-97, but only because it has more surface area to bleed off the heat, as well as duplicated Positive and Ground output wires (instead of just a larger terminal).

Ricks also makes an R/R without any connectors, which can be used in hardwire or remote mounting situations...very useful for those who want to customize the location to put it more in the airflow.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks. The Rick's part works like a charm (and at half the price of OEM). Now to relocate it, since it doesn't mount flush. Air cooling fins for the win though!

Archived