Michelin Road Front / Michelin Pilot Power 2ct Rear?

stic3

• Member Contributer

While munching my lunch today I look outside to where I had parked my bike, I notice that my rear looks a little too fat. I check the inflation to find only 10 pounds of air, along with a little bit of metal in the center of the tire. This set of Pilot Roads were installed last year, they had only about 6,000 miles on them, my last set of Roads went about 15,000 miles.

If there was any luck to it, I was only about a half a mile from Racer's Cafe in St Charles, IL where my tires were installed the previous year. So I limp a 1/2 mile there to find the only tires in stock in a 180 is a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT and a Pirelli Corsa III, so I take the Power 2CT, the OTD price was $245.

I know that a lot of people mix a Power front with a Road rear to increase front grip, and to balance tread life as the rear will normally wear at a faster rate than the front, in this case I have the exact opposite. I know that I am not going to get 15K from the Power 2CT rear, maybe 5K, I hope. Other than that, what is your thoughts on the Michelin Road Front / Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Rear combination?

• Member Contributer

You should be just fine but turn in might feel a bit different than what you are used to. Slap a pilot power on the front when you can justify it and your bike will feel transformed. The real problem is $245 for a mounted rear tire?? Holy Schnikes!!

• Member Contributer

Yep, $245 was a big ouch, but there was not a lot of choices. The last set of tires, just last year was about $300 front & rear OTD.

On the ride home I could not feel a big difference, but heck, I live in Illinois, not a lot of twisties on the commute. Plus I have read a bunch of horror stories of riders pushing new tires with the release agent still on the tires.

While munching my lunch today I look outside to where I had parked my bike, I notice that my rear looks a little too fat. I check the inflation to find only 10 pounds of air, along with a little bit of metal in the center of the tire. This set of Pilot Roads were installed last year, they had only about 6,000 miles on them, my last set of Roads went about 15,000 miles.

If there was any luck to it, I was only about a half a mile from Racer's Cafe in St Charles, IL where my tires were installed the previous year. So I limp a 1/2 mile there to find the only tires in stock in a 180 is a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT and a Pirelli Corsa III, so I take the Power 2CT, the OTD price was $245.

I know that a lot of people mix a Power front with a Road rear to increase front grip, and to balance tread life as the rear will normally wear at a faster rate than the front, in this case I have the exact opposite. I know that I am not going to get 15K from the Power 2CT rear, maybe 5K, I hope. Other than that, what is your thoughts on the Michelin Road Front / Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Rear combination?

I'd put a regular pilot power on the front and experience the magic

Archived