Just A Few Videos From Yesterday

Guest klinquist

Guest klinquist

Tunitas Creek Rd:

Bonny Doon Rd:

Highway 9:

I'm faster than my buddies (929, F4i, 1098) down Tunitas (I got to the bridge and parked before I saw them coming), but they're faster than me up Bonny Doon/9, the smoother roads smile.gif.

What area of US is this in? I looked up Highway 9 and found many.

Brian

SF Bay Area. Between the Bay Area, Sierras, and Northern CA, I think this is the best place to ride ... more fun roads within a day's ride than anywhere else most likely smile.gif. (The fact that we can legally split lanes kicks ass too, of course)

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/07/ride-the-worlds.html

Skaggs Springs is 120 miles away, Mines Rd/Lick Observatory is 20 miles away, 299/3/36 is about 200 miles away.

(pic of Hwy 36 from pashnit.com):

Img_0913_140sign.jpg

Here's Hwy 9:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=h&z=12

Nice vids, that Boon doggle road looked alittle congested to be running full out, I hope everyone had something in reserve for the unknowns >G<

Of course smile.gif. I'm a bit more conservative around blind corners (since a crash in 2001 that had a minivan in my lane around a blind corner). In a vid I posted in my "726 mile weekend" thread in this forum someone commented about no problems hitting vtec in full lean... On the street, vtec doesn't bother me a single bit - perhaps because I don't ride at 10/10ths where a slight power transition could do anything... besides, vtec is more of a sound transition than anything else smile.gif.

Yeh, I dont believe vtech really comes into play as an issue , the unknowns being cops ,deer, dogs, pull outs ect. You take a big chance if they arent the in the fore front of speed.

It suxs picking someone out of the ditch>G<

Just the other day, I was on a simlar road, saw a woman walking oncoming side of the road, Hey babe check?

what I didnt know was there was a 200lb Boxer dog running in my lane following her just over the next blind rise in the road, thats what I mean by unknowns>G<

that could have easily been Boone doggle

anyway, nice vids though

Yeh, I dont believe vtech really comes into play as an issue , the unknowns being cops ,deer, dogs, pull outs ect. You take a big chance if they arent the in the fore front of speed.

It suxs picking someone out of the ditch>G<

Just the other day, I was on a simlar road, saw a woman walking oncoming side of the road, Hey babe check?

what I didnt know was there was a 200lb Boxer dog running in my lane following her just over the next blind rise in the road, thats what I mean by unknowns>G<

that could have easily been Boone doggle

anyway, nice vids though

Certainly, I agree 100%, and always ride with that in mind.

Archived