Rear Brake Pedal Adjustment

landlover

Question

• Member Contributer

Hi,

Hopefully this can be asked and answered without pictures. The rear brake pedal needs to be adjusted down some, on the service manual it says to loosen the bottom nut and turn the screw. Question is do I turn the actual screw or turn the nut with a cut out to access this nut. Hope you all got that and don't think I am nuts. :biggrin:

8 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
When you do this, make sure you adjust the sensor that triggers the brake light.

O.K, now how do you do that and thanks

Carefully adjust the loose nut between the seat and handlebars.

That's my biggest problem. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Loosen the lower nut, then turn the upper nut until the pedal height is where you want it, and then re-tighten the lower nut. The "upper nut" is actually just a hex shape on the rod that comes out of the master cylinder. Turn the "upper nut" clockwise to lower your pedal.

• Member Contributer
Carefully adjust the loose nut between the seat and handlebars.

That's my biggest problem. :schla15:

Same here :schla15:

Have a good one!

• Member Contributer
When you do this, make sure you adjust the sensor that triggers the brake light.

O.K, now how do you do that and thanks

The sensor that triggers the brake light is pretty easy to find, when the pedal goes down, it pulls a cable, you turn a nut one way so that it comes on when you push the pedal down a small amount. I have mine fairly sensitive so I can flash my brakes at cars following too closely without doing much actual braking. Pretty easy to figure out and do, I think the adjustment nut might be plastic.

• Member Contributer

look for the BLS lowering instructions with pix I think the 'Nuts' in question are on that post. You'll need a 10mm, and a 12mm (or a 13mm?) for the taillight adjustment Just get all 3. I'm going camping this weekend but I'll be back Sunday around 3pm. If you're interested pm me, I live off of Cin-Day road. I just went through this adjustment a couple of weeks ago.

• Member Contributer

Sorry I didn't give you better instructions. I did this with box wrenches and just figured it out by looking at it. Just wanted to make sure you adjust the tail light because if you don't, it is always on and a good way to get creamed.

Archived