99 Vfr 800 Fork Options

Guest cosmicrain813

Guest cosmicrain813

Hi, I have a 99 vfr 800 which recently had some front end damage, the front forks are completly wiped. I was looking for replacement forks on ebay and have come up with a big zilch, I was wondering if I could use cbr forks since there always seems to be a great abundance of these on ebay and if so what years could I use on my 99 and what sizes would work like the 600 ect also what other things would I need to modify to get cbr forks to work if I could?

I want to thank in advance for any advice I can get, I just been running into dead ends with this.

• Member Contributer
Hi, I have a 99 vfr 800 which recently had some front end damage, the front forks are completly wiped. I was looking for replacement forks on ebay and have come up with a big zilch, I was wondering if I could use cbr forks since there always seems to be a great abundance of these on ebay and if so what years could I use on my 99 and what sizes would work like the 600 ect also what other things would I need to modify to get cbr forks to work if I could?

I want to thank in advance for any advice I can get, I just been running into dead ends with this.

The VFR left fork has the additional mount for the rear caliper actuator. If you're going to use CBR forks, which may be too short, you'll have to delink the front and rear brakes.

You can use R1 forks - a search on that will also get you going but I'll save you the trouble. Have alook at this thread

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38679

Best part is they are Waaaay cheaper than the RC51 forks.

zROYz has done the conversion and has some deatils listed on what you'll need.

Archived