Pulling The F I Codes?

KanadianKen

A buddy of mine had his FI light come on today, after getting the harness recall done...

I have searched- but can't seem to find the "how to pull FI codes" thread..... Anyone know this off the top of their heads?

thanks in advance!

• Member Contributer

Check section 5-7 of the service manual for the procedure. It says to remove the upper fairing to reach the connector, but this is not necessary. Check under the right fuse panel cover.

• Member Contributer
thanks J - just found that section. YOu say the front fairing does not have to come off?

Correct. If you remove that right meter panel, look around with a flash light and you will see a 2 conductor wire harness that is not plugged into anything. This is the one you short out as described in the service manual.

• Member Contributer

I have yet to deal with this, but it looks like one can reach down, behind the upper faring, and reach the green plug, without removal. (6th gen., anyhoo).

• Member Contributer
thanks J - just found that section. YOu say the front fairing does not have to come off?

Correct. If you remove that right meter panel, look around with a flash light and you will see a 2 conductor wire harness that is not plugged into anything. This is the one you short out as described in the service manual.

mine must be missplaced, from the previous owner. LOL. Maybe I'm just wrong. LOL. Wouldn't be the first time. HA!!!!!

Its Grond1234 (Greg's) bike - a 2002. He just had the full harness recall completed at a dealer and while riding home - the FI light came on and stayed on - after he shut it down, then restarted - it went away.

If I get over to his place this week - I'll try to find the connector. thanks guys!

Archived