Any Install Advice For Microns?

ShayneJack

picking up some slip-on Microns this friday, barely used (I know the guy I'm getting them from, trustworthy) and he doesn't have the instructions anymore... I figured it'd be easy enough, but he mentioned alot of little bolts and so forth. Does anyone have any advice regarding install? Would rather ask now then cry later...

Going on a 6th Gen 25th Anniv.

Thanks

Shayne

Just be patient as Micron fit and design isn't very good IMO and nothing is exact, it just takes time to find and settle for the "as good as it's going to get" install.

Sound good though! :fing02:

Just be patient as Micron fit and design isn't very good IMO and nothing is exact, it just takes time to find and settle for the "as good as it's going to get" install.

Sound good though! :fing02:

thanks. setting aside a good couple hours uninterupted to do it. Heck, I'm was an expert at Legos, this should be a snap. :beer:

If I have any leftover parts should I take a photo and send to you for advice?

FYI, keep in mind that these will NOT work with the Honda hard bags, if in case you ever decide to get them.

thanks, read that post when researching... I may get some softbags and make a bracket which JTG did, looks to work well.

• Member Contributer

I have the Micron exhaust on an '04. As I recall, it was pretty easy to install, but I had to loosen or remove the mud flap and do a little contortion move with the exhaust. IMO the Micron sounds awesome. I get a ton of compliments on how it sounds.

Can you PM me with info on the 6th gen brackets for soft luggage? I want to buy soft luggage (Nelson Rigg) but am concerned about it melting from exhaust heat.

PS. Is there much demand for a stock exhaust? I have one and don't think I'll ever put it back on.

• Member Contributer
PS. Is there much demand for a stock exhaust? I have one and don't think I'll ever put it back on.

Not worth it to sell the stock exhaust....I would keep them in case you ever sell the bike some day; you can reinstall them and then sell the microns

which is exactly how I came across them. My buddy Robert downgraded from a VFR to an Aprilia (:fing02:)but swapped out the Microns for the stock exhaust before he traded the VFR in. Smart move, I probably would have sold the stock pipes.

For what its worth , I had Microns on my CBR that I sold. I had issuses with the fit and after calling micron they sent me several misc brackets the get the best fit , which I thought was awsome of them. ANyway If you needed to you could call them tomorrow and have them email or fax the instructions to you. I got many compliments on the pipe. Good luck. I would post a pic of the old bike if I could figure out how :fing02:

For what its worth , I had Microns on my CBR that I sold. I had issuses with the fit and after calling micron they sent me several misc brackets the get the best fit , which I thought was awsome of them. ANyway If you needed to you could call them tomorrow and have them email or fax the instructions to you. I got many compliments on the pipe. Good luck. I would post a pic of the old bike if I could figure out how :fing02:

thanks, I guess I never thought of going straight to the source! :cool: so what's your story, why is your garage empty? I've got an idea, roll that F150 down to the local pawn shop, get enough of a down payment, and head over to Honda...

just an idea... :beer:

For what its worth , I had Microns on my CBR that I sold. I had issuses with the fit and after calling micron they sent me several misc brackets the get the best fit , which I thought was awsome of them. ANyway If you needed to you could call them tomorrow and have them email or fax the instructions to you. I got many compliments on the pipe. Good luck. I would post a pic of the old bike if I could figure out how :biggrin:

Well that's good to here as Micron was known as having the Worst CS in the industry, maybe someone there finally listened to the customers for once and change the company! :fing02:

Archived