Trailer Hitch

Guest SammySnow

• Member Contributer

Pulling that Uni-Go looks like a lot better set up than stacking all that long-haul stuff on the back of the bike. Wish I'd had one for my 5,000+ mile South Dakota trip earlier this year. Could have just left it at each camp site or motel and not had to strip down my hard luggage at every stop for day trips through the twisties. Hmmm... Think I'll add it to my farkle list.

Now if it just had a pop-up tent with bunk included.biggrin.gif

• Member Contributer

And again heading down the highway. Note the riding position!

Love The Riding Position :goofy: , You gotta Love a smooth bike!

Welcome to the Fray

• 9 months later...
  • Member Contributer

so now you are impersonating jamie Daugherty?... you are a tool

:huh: That was constructive....

Anyway, I personally don't like motorcycles that tow simply because they are usually backing traffic up and it seems to me defeats the purpose of the motorcycle adventure. One more issue to worry about when getting into the twisties and such. But that being said and putting on my engineering hat I can't see why the VFR should have any problems so if you don't mind the hassle then go for it and then post up lots of pics. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

The only issue I see is the stopping power.

Can't overload that trailer. Otherwise, it will be a hairy ride. Or a very slow and boring one.

And yeah..

FTW?

:huh: That was constructive....

Anyway, I personally don't like motorcycles that tow simply because they are usually backing traffic up and it seems to me defeats the purpose of the motorcycle adventure. One more issue to worry about when getting into the twisties and such. But that being said and putting on my engineering hat I can't see why the VFR should have any problems so if you don't mind the hassle then go for it and then post up lots of pics. :fing02:

Okay so I'll be constructive, towing with a sport bike, to me personally shouldn't be done the frame and suspension are not set up for it. cruisers such as goldwings (and the others that are like it) are. If you must tow then have a professional design your hitch. I mean god forbid you have a wreck while pulling something and your insurance denies youi the claim because you micky moused a tow rig.....

Archived