Bt021's Just Installed

CBR_Rod

• Member Contributer

Not much of a review here as I only have about 30 miles on them since getting them installed last night. One thing that DOES stand out about them versus the OEM BT010 (06 F4i) is that they DO NOT follow the grooves in the highway like the old tires did since day one.

I've got a small 3 day trip this weekend that'll give me some more input about the BT021's. I got 6255 miles out of the BT010, the rear was down to the treadwear indicator and the front was really cupped so I opted for a matched set. I'm hoping for a few more miles out of the new tires.

• Member Contributer

Couldn't be happier with these BT021's

Put about 850 miles on them this past weekend in a variety of conditions. Started the ride out in 3 hours of rain (this made me glad I went a head and put the new shoes on!). They gave me excellent feel in the corners on wet asphalt, never any indication of letting loose. Dry roads wee equally as fun, only I went a bit faster. I tested them to the edge of the tread, but not the edge of the tire, about a 1/4" shy which was all I wanted/needed.

• Member Contributer

I keep telling myself I'm not gonna' get any more Bridgestones because of the "always cup the front tire" issues. Darn, if I don't have a coupla' friends here that are getting great service out of the 021s. Rode one of the bikes (Kawasaki 636) last Friday. Good feel, and already 2600 miles on em'......no cupping............. :unsure:

My 07 has the standard 020s....I know what they're gonna' eventually do......... :dry:

• Member Contributer
I keep telling myself I'm not gonna' get any more Bridgestones because of the "always cup the front tire" issues. Darn, if I don't have a coupla' friends here that are getting great service out of the 021s. Rode one of the bikes (Kawasaki 636) last Friday. Good feel, and already 2600 miles on em'......no cupping............. :unsure:

My 07 has the standard 020s....I know what they're gonna' eventually do......... :dry:

Mine came with the 020's also, big difference with the 021's, 020, front tire cupping was bad, not so with the 021's.

I've been thru 4 sets of the 021's now, they do what I want thats for sure, never had an 021 cup in the front, but the tread gets to the wear bars on the sides before the center :dry:

Mileage for the rear is about 4500 for me, and about 6000 for the front, but I only run till the wear bars are close, never down to them. Just never want to be in a corner, or on a wet road with that in my mind,,, it's to cluttered in there already :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Mine came with the 020's also, big difference with the 021's, 020, front tire cupping was bad, not so with the 021's.

I've been thru 4 sets of the 021's now, they do what I want thats for sure, never had an 021 cup in the front, but the tread gets to the wear bars on the sides before the center :dry:

Mileage for the rear is about 4500 for me, and about 6000 for the front, but I only run till the wear bars are close, never down to them. Just never want to be in a corner, or on a wet road with that in my mind,,, it's to cluttered in there already :dry:

Same thoughts here also................ :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Due to the questionable quality of the new RoadSmarts, my dude up at the dealer last night were talking tires a bit. He mentioned the 021's, and brought me out to the employee parking lot and showed me a guy's 1000rr that just got back from Vegas on his, and he put the 021's on before he left because of price. His round trip and some local riding after came to about 5200 miles. What he showed me was the minimal flatspotting on the rear tire even considering all the slab riding on the trip, and the front barely looked worn, and no cupping at all. Rear probably had 40% or so left to go. Going off of this, he mentioned the 021 as a possible alternative for me next time, especially considering he'd sell me a set of 021's for $195. Depending on how my replacement Roadsmart does this time around, I may have to try those....

Due to the questionable quality of the new RoadSmarts, my dude up at the dealer last night were talking tires a bit. He mentioned the 021's, and brought me out to the employee parking lot and showed me a guy's 1000rr that just got back from Vegas on his, and he put the 021's on before he left because of price. His round trip and some local riding after came to about 5200 miles. What he showed me was the minimal flatspotting on the rear tire even considering all the slab riding on the trip, and the front barely looked worn, and no cupping at all. Rear probably had 40% or so left to go. Going off of this, he mentioned the 021 as a possible alternative for me next time, especially considering he'd sell me a set of 021's for $195. Depending on how my replacement Roadsmart does this time around, I may have to try those....

the rear bt21 is outstanding , the front is the weak link of the package, substitute a Ppower instead, its a great package.

I'm running the Ppower front/ Proad 2 rear right now, might be even better package( ofcourse its new and the added rear height also adjusted the handling alittle(which is also outstanding, the Bt21 rear does offer alittle better bump obsorbtion, though .

Both those packages perform pretty well, I'd really have to run back to back a few times to differentiate the differences.

For all the Z6 rear guys out there, dump them , you can jump about 2 world levels on performance and still get the same or better life

I've got 10,000KM on a set of 021's and they are fantastic tires. I ride very aggresively and they take all the punishment I can dish out. I will replace this current set, with another set.

I'm just getting through with my 1st set of 21's. I'm very pleased with them and another set was just delivered today. I have just over 5K on the front and rear. I was getting less than 3k out of regular Diablo rears and just @ 4k with the Diablo Strada. While I liked the feel of the Diablo/Strada a little better (steeper profile), I don't mind the more rounded Bridgestones and love the additional mileage. I've had no problem with them sticking.

My only issue with the 21's is the front tire. Like every Bridgestone front I've used, it is cupping. I normally get at least 2 rears to 1 front with Bridgestones. After only 5k, it looks about shot, both wear and cupping. No cupping with the Pirelli.

FYI heres my tire history:

Rear:

Dunlop D204 (stock) 6250 miles

BT20 7150

BT20 4800

BT20 3100

BT10 2400

BT14 3100

BT20 2300 (nail)

Diablo 2650

Diablo 2425

Diablo Strada 4155

Diablo Strada 3750

BT21 5000+ a little still left

Front:

Dunlop D204 (stock) 8880

BT20 8720

BT10 6100

BT14 5400 (had some left but replaced when changed brands on rear)

Diablo 12982 (I'm pretty sure I forgot to write another Diablo down)

BT21 5000+ a little still left

• Member Contributer

There is another thread on the BT21s too............... http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36971

I kinda liked the 21s mostly. My front profile looked pretty bad at 5K when I replaced them with rubber still in the center. I wanted more miles out of the front. Rear wear was about average for me.

BT21s at 4900 miles - gone. Replaced with Roadsmarts.

2287393810099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

• 2 years later...

I've been running the ppwer fronts for several year on the VFR, but I've never run the rears. So I broke down and decide to try, and first I didnt care for the ppower rear, it has a marrhmellow extended edge, weak sidewalls and some wallowing in slow corners at lean angles, which gave a mistrust feel. But now that I understand them and they rail great. I'm running failry high pressure on the front ppower, I started with standard pressure on the rear, but later went up a full psi over standard, and the package is fine, plenty of traction.

But My main thing, was to see if the rear ppower would last as long as Bt21 rear on life, so far it looks like they may be very close,

I like the ppwer rear over the road 2 rear, I ran about half dosen of those, they seem very good in the first half of life . hopeing the rear ppower holds togther all the way to the cord with its performance.

I have the BT21 ONLY on the rear and a BT16 in the front. I love this combo as it provides sporty handling while lasting at least 6k miles. Plus they're cheap I got both for less than 200 bucks how do you not like that?

I have the BT21 ONLY on the rear and a BT16 in the front. I love this combo as it provides sporty handling while lasting at least 6k miles. Plus they're cheap I got both for less than 200 bucks how do you not like that?

I bet thats a decent package like you say, I paid $199 shipped for the full ppower set , Not bad

Archived