Hondaline Side Bag Questions..

Corrugated

Hey guys,

I noticed on the inside of the bags there is a label stating not to exceed apx 130 kmph when the bags are on the bike. I now use that as a mental speed limit when I occasionaly do go a bit fast..any1 had any issues going over that speed with the bags mounted though?

Also, I've seen mention of items called liners for the bags..what would they be (what purpose are they used for)?

Hope these questions arn't too simple smile.gif

Thanks

I've gone for fairly long stretches going 100+mph on with the bags without any sort of issue. The liners are duffle bag style bags that allow you to pack them and just put them inside the cases. The cases do hold substantially more than what the liners will allow.

My bike is dead stable at 130+ mph with saddlebags and a top-box, not that I've ever gone that fast before. :lurk:

The bag liners are a removeable bag you can use to quickly load and unload your saddlebags. They're actually very handy to have. I use mine all the time when I'm packing for a weekend trip.

Here are what they look like:

08L56MCW801_1_large.jpg

My bike is dead stable at 130+ mph with saddlebags and a top-box, not that I've ever gone that fast before. :fing02:

The bag liners are a removeable bag you can use to quickly load and unload your saddlebags. They're actually very handy to have. I use mine all the time when I'm packing for a weekend trip.

Here are what they look like:

08L56MCW801_1_large.jpg

Can you fit a helmet inside the liners when they are inside the side cases? Just wondering because I just got the sidecases a couple weeks ago, and I love them, but they have left a scratch or 1/8 round mark on each side of my helmet from the helmet rubbing against the inside of the plastic cases when i put it in there when I go in a store or whatever. I suppose I could just use some duct tape and cloth and fix the problem.....anyone else have any ideas they have used for this? Luckily, the helmet is an older hjc and the marks are just 2 out of many others, but if I end up getting a nice Shark helmet, I don't want it all jacked up.

Can you fit a helmet inside the liners when they are inside the side cases?

I don't know, it would be close.

Must helmets nowadays come with a free helmet bag. That's really all you'd neet to protect your helmet while it's in the saddlebag. If you buy that new shark helmet, it will probably come with a free bag.

Oh yeah, lol, I forgot all about the easiest way to do it, with a helmet bag. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks! Sometimes my brain just tries to overthink things...........

Archived