Gen 4 Under Tail Exhaust With The Help Of A 05 Cbr

SLO97VFR

It'd be awesome if I could get these to fit in the half moon section, then I could pull the stock tail light off so the muffler could sit higher. I'm not sure if those dimensions include the reflector thing on the bottom though.

It'd be nice too if I could surround the muffler exit with some black louvers or something, to blend the turn signals with the muffler. You know, so there wouldn't just be a big hole there.

• Member Contributer
I really like the look of twin mufflers tucked away (like the NR), but I couldn't figure out a way to do it without sacrificing 2 up from butchering the existing subframe, or having getting on Solid Works and designing a totally new subframe that would provide the required space and support needed (2 up puts a lot of stress on the rear of the bike).

Oh, I see you are a newbie to the site and may not have seen my solution for a more modern twin high pipe exhaust system for the 4Gen plus a couple (ahemm) other mods: :warranty:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32026

I flipped the eccentric but did not like how the chain was riding pretty snug against the upper chain guide. The hugger would have to go also as the wheel is lower than the sub frame so it leaves a 3 inch gap between the tire and hugger...

Forgot about both of those issues :comp13:

I don't have the problem with the chain guide as I have a 45T rear sprocket which raises the chain high enough to solve it.

I use to have a link to a guy that transformed a Gen4 in to a look alike NR750 that looked so good you wouldn't know till you got really close. He is from around London Ontario Canada if anyone knows him or has his web address. Last time I saw any info on it was a couple years ago. If I remember correctly he also transformed several other bikes to limited production look a likes.

Joe, are you thinking of Adrian who moved over from Europe? IIRC it was a Gen 3, and he left the bike in Europe but took the bodywork to Canada. And he's not interested in building another one, believe me I've tried :comp13: I don't think he kept the moulds he made up for it.

RM Racing in Italy also built an NR rep on a 3rd Gen and will sell you the bodywork; not cheap though.

Different RM Racing. The NR guy is Robby, an Italian, and I think he now trades as Robby Moto - makes rearsets and other trick bits for WSB teams.

I can't find the link to his old pages which featured the replica, but I posted it to the big list some years ago if you want to dig around in the archives... or search here as it's probably been linked here too, maybe even by me smile.gif

Back to Adrian's NR rep - his site is down, but I found this: http://www.fireblades.org/forums/general-d...look-nr750.html

Archived