Blanking Plates

Guest Zimee

Question

Guest Zimee

Hi all. New to the forum. My Mrs bought a 99 VFR800 over the weekend and we are wondering, does anyone make blanking plates to cover the indicator holes in the fairing as we want to use mirrors with indicators built in. Cant stand the way Honda stuck the big bulging indicators on the 99 model.

We are based in England.

n550551872_799555_3564.jpg

Thanks for any help

Zimee

6 answers to this question

Thurn from Germany used to make some, let me see if they still offer them.

{disappears into the InterWeb}

Here 'y go: http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/verkleidung-rc46_1.html

2nd item down, Carbonblende Carbon Panel Cover

38-CBB046-gesamt.jpg

Shown above cut for aftermarket turnsignals, but you don't have to do that. They come as a solid plate and you do/do not cut holes in them as required.

• Member Contributer

If you REALLY want them, I could make them and match paint.

Trace has a how-to around here, of how to make them out of a seat cowl. Fact of the matter is, seat cowls are hard to find, BUT, the same color red is used through 2004. SO, a side faring, from ebay, could be worth the cut-up.

Trace has a how-to around here, of how to make them out of a seat cowl. Fact of the matter is, seat cowls are hard to find, BUT, the same color red is used through 2004. SO, a side faring, from ebay, could be worth the cut-up.

Hmm, seems there is enough request for them that if you could come up with a recycle process for old fairings, you could help lots of people out!

• Member Contributer

Hmm, seems there is enough request for them that if you could come up with a recycle process for old fairings, you could help lots of people out!

Helps to be R-157.

The whole yellow deal, is another test.

• Member Contributer

Helps to be R-157.

The whole yellow deal, is another test.

I have some yellow plastic available. I have made some and it isn't difficult. Cut them to size. Then shape them after warming with a hair dryer.

It can be tedious but it isn't rocket science.

Thanks for the info guys, its a real help.

Went out riding for a bit today as the weather was good. It was great to get out after winter.

Zimee

Archived