Traxxion Ak-20 Kit

Guest waterkc

Guest waterkc

So I got a good bonus and decided to put a few of the nickles down on and ak-20 kit from Traxxion. I am sending my Penske 8100-8700 back for a little retro fit (spring rate change, hose clocking change, etc). I got the how to get the rear shock out of coarse as I have done that already. So the tricky part is going to be how do I get the forks off the bike?I have always used my pitbull standa on the other bikes. They are all the traditional style rear's, so that won't work on this one.

So this is my question, how do I raise the front end, with out buying another stand. I messed around with it tonight and there is no way to do this with out the rear being stable. So I am not sure what to try.

Any help would be great.

I've had friends do the "straps over the garage rafters" thing and that works. Just get some ratchet straps and go under the frame and/or triple trees at the front.

Congrats on deciding to go that route, you're gonna love that front end.

I think Pitbull makes an add-on piece for the forklift stand to convert to stem lift? That would be less than buying an entire new one. Otherwise, go ahead and jack under the headers(with the bike on the centerstand). If it's going to be like that for a while(like if you're sending the forks away), you really ought to secure it with straps somehow. I'm pretty leery of leaving my bikes on stands for any amount of time "unsupervised".

Archived