Shorter Shock On 07 Vfr

skuuter

Question

• Member Contributer

OK, when I had my 06 VFR, I flipped the triangle and it got it down fine for me at 5'7" tall/ short. My dealer sold a Red 07 to a guy that's only 5'2", and the "flip" (I went and did it for em' last night along with lowering the fork and cutting/ re-welding the kickstand) still really isn't enough. We can get a shorter shock from Hagon that will get him about another 1/2". Now, my question is this......I know there is a point of angle on a swingarm that the suspension reaches a "bind point" and also doesn't push the tire into the road on acceleration.

Has anyone ever used this method to lower a 6th Gen VFR to this point, and what were the results. Never mind how low (too low) the over-all bike will be, this one will mostly be "cruised" without a lotta' lean. The flip was still where I could get my handling back afterwards......this may not be...... :goofy: Anyone done it and your results/ opinions................ :unsure:

..............THANKS............ :thumbsup:

4 answers to this question

Not sure it's possible on a 6th gen (I know it was on previous generations), but could they flip the rear eccentric around so it's on top instead of on the bottom? :unsure: This ought to buy him another inch or so without the possible binding problem you mentioned.

Not sure it's possible on a 6th gen (I know it was on previous generations), but could they flip the rear eccentric around so it's on top instead of on the bottom? :unsure: This ought to buy him another inch or so without the possible binding problem you mentioned.

I don't know pooh from shineola about binding swingarms, etc....... :huh:

But I seem to remember the Thurn site having a lot of raising/lowering bits to look at and maybe gain some ideas. :joystick:

BTW, what's the diff between a triangle and an eccentric and a dogbone?????? :goofy:

No, it's NOT the beginning of another one of my sick jokes.......... <_<

NO, REALLY!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I would look into having the seat modified first to make it shorter and narrower.

How much riding experience does this person have? I have known people around 5' tall that ride the VFR with little minimal modification.

• Member Contributer
I would look into having the seat modified first to make it shorter and narrower.

How much riding experience does this person have? I have known people around 5' tall that ride the VFR with little minimal modification.

I think about 3 years...most of it riding around town, a few country roads, down to Lynchburg to "hang-out" on the square. You get the idea. Nice guy, and he mostly "likes the looks and color". I actually feel pretty stupid now. I had the Wife's seat lowered a few weeks ago by a great shop here in Tullahoma. That's about all he needs...THANKS for the reminder..... :thumbsup:

Oh No.....It's finally happened.....I've gone "SENILE".....or maybe "SENIL-ER".................. :goofy:

Archived