Double Bubble Boil And Trouble

Auspanglish

I would guess around 5%. when you hold it up close to your face, you can see rather clearly.

although if you like i have a tint-meter at work and i can find out exactly what it is.

• Member Contributer

Givi Touring Light Smoke

GiviTouringScreen.jpg

Here is the cheap one from Hong Kong. It fits okay. No tabs to connect to the front clip like the stock or Givi. But it is Dark Smoke in color.

DarkSmokeDoubleBubble.jpg

It sort of hurt my feelings when you called it "the cheap one from hong kong" because I just bought one. When you say fits ok, whats the deficiency.

my 5th gen is black so any gaps shouldnt be of much matter. also, any problem with in reference to the missing tabs?

thanking you in advance...

• Member Contributer
It sort of hurt my feelings when you called it "the cheap one from hong kong" because I just bought one. When you say fits ok, whats the deficiency.

my 5th gen is black so any gaps shouldnt be of much matter. also, any problem with in reference to the missing tabs?

Where do I start. First off.. I thought I was buying a different one than the Hong Kong ones. I didn't feel comfortable buying from Hong Kong, but live and learn. I actually got it from a ebayer in So. Cal. From what I can tell they are the exact same. Dark smoke and the plastic is fairly thick as it is close to the factory thickness(probably within a mm). I paid $41.00 +$8.00 shipping. But it was the only one that was the dark smoke and shipped in the US on Fleabay So you got a way better deal than me. I did not want to Spend $100 on a ZG and find out I did not like it. So Even If I dont like it, it ends up being cheaper than ZG.

On the Factory screen and my Givi Touring there are little tabs on each side that slip into slots on the faring. I guess they are to keep it from moving around. I don't think its going anywhere.

The gaps are not to bad, but on a yellow bike they are easier to see. Maybe I am just being really anal. On a black bike you probably won't even see it. There is one other slight gap on the outside between the rider and left mirror where the contour of the screen doesnt quite match up to the fairing. On a darker color bike most people would never see it.

Sorry about the pics, Picture phone, one day I will have a good Digi camera.

Factory/Givi Tabs

IMG00022.jpg

Gap.

IMG00021.jpg

Gap

IMG00020.jpg

Pic from Riders seat.

IMG00019.jpg

I have not ridden with it yet, just put it on last night and snapped the pics. Overall I think its probably good enough. Hopefully it will give me more wind protection than the stocker and less noise than the Givi Touring. At least thats the hope.

Edit. So I put 30 miles on the bike with the screen today. Mostly 2 lane roads from 20-60 MPH. Not so impressed with the wind coverage. Its right in my face like the the Touring,but not quite as loud. Will have to do some more testing. Thou it is described as a DB I wonder how close it resembles a ZG or a Puig in shape and style. I think it needs to sweep back towards the rider more. Thats my initial impression.

• Member Contributer

Where do I start. First off.. I thought I was buying a different one than the Hong Kong ones. I didn't feel comfortable buying from Hong Kong, but live and learn. I actually got it from a ebayer in So. Cal. From what I can tell they are the exact same. Dark smoke and the plastic is fairly thick as it is close to the factory thickness(probably within a mm). I paid $41.00 +$8.00 shipping. But it was the only one that was the dark smoke and shipped in the US on Fleabay So you got a way better deal than me. I did not want to Spend $100 on a ZG and find out I did not like it. So Even If I dont like it, it ends up being cheaper than ZG.

On the Factory screen and my Givi Touring there are little tabs on each side that slip into slots on the faring. I guess they are to keep it from moving around. I don't think its going anywhere.

The gaps are not to bad, but on a yellow bike they are easier to see. Maybe I am just being really anal. On a black bike you probably won't even see it. There is one other slight gap on the outside between the rider and left mirror where the contour of the screen doesnt quite match up to the fairing. On a darker color bike most people would never see it.

Sorry about the pics, Picture phone, one day I will have a good Digi camera.

Factory/Givi Tabs

IMG00022.jpg

Gap.

IMG00021.jpg

Gap

IMG00020.jpg

Pic from Riders seat.

IMG00019.jpg

I have not ridden with it yet, just put it on last night and snapped the pics. Overall I think its probably good enough. Hopefully it will give me more wind protection than the stocker and less noise than the Givi Touring. At least thats the hope.

Edit. So I put 30 miles on the bike with the screen today. Mostly 2 lane roads from 20-60 MPH. Not so impressed with the wind coverage. Its right in my face like the the Touring,but not quite as loud. Will have to do some more testing. Thou it is described as a DB I wonder how close it resembles a ZG or a Puig in shape and style. I think it needs to sweep back towards the rider more. Thats my initial impression.

Did 20 miles today on 70 MPH freeway. The wind coverage is pretty good, but still pretty loud in my Loud AZZ Scorpion Helmet. ATGATT = Always wear ear plugs too.

• Member Contributer
thanks.

as this is the only one i have at the moment, its going on. I am fairly short at 5'09" so maybe it will be OK.

I am not that tall either. 5'11" with a 32" inseam, so I am all torso. I might be looking for the impossible anyway. I looking for a screen that I will have wind coverage and not wind noise. The HK DB(Hong Kong Double Bubble) seems to work okay except for the noise. I will ride some more and then try the stocker again to see the difference.

Either way the VFR has way better coverage than my Bandit 1200 with it's 3 different screens I have tired incliding a Lamar lip.

My $.02

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
The HK DB(Hong Kong Double Bubble)

I like that. I am going to use it.

With your permission of course.

Sorry lost track of this thread.. No permission needed use it all you want..

PS.. there will be some nominal copy right fees. subject to change when I want to add farkels to the bike.

Just kidding. :salesman:

Archived