Modifications To 2002 Vfr (non Abs)

Guest TorontoVFR02

Guest TorontoVFR02

Hey everyone...first post on the board....bought a 2002 VFR (non ABS) last fall and want to make some modifications. If any of you could give me your input it would be greatly appreciated. Looking for:

1) Slip-on exhaust where I don't have to add a power commander for a deeper sound that stock

2) Tire selection where most riding is country roads and some highways

• Member Contributer

I have Staintunes for an exhaust. Great sound! Tires depend on your type of riding. Touring, try Michelin pilot roads, for semi aggressive riding, there are lots of performance type of tires.

I have Staintunes for an exhaust. Great sound! Tires depend on your type of riding. Touring, try Michelin pilot roads, for semi aggressive riding, there are lots of performance type of tires.

Make sure they're the new and improved Pilot Road 2's !!!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD, the best and most addicting website ever :goofy: Well for an exhaust +35 for the staintunes, greatest exhaust on the market but pricey (~$1000).

Tires, can't go wrong with Pirelli, Corsa 3's are phenomenal or regular diablos are great as well (and last longer)

• Member Contributer

Well, since the VFR needs a PCIII in stock trim anyway, I'd say you should still budget for it with the exhaust, as any system will heighten your awareness of the VFR's FI flaws.

With that being said I'll add to the confusion and say that I prefer the sound/look/performance of a Yoshimura R1 undertail exhaust with a custom midpipe (shameless plug).

As far as tires go, unless you're going to be "racing" said country roads, I'd go with the Pilot Road 2's. I have Pilot Powers on my VFR and it corners great, but I have Road 2's on my Hayabusa, and that freight train can corner now! Not as well as the VFR, but I can run 7/10ths on a public mountain road with no worries of washing out, even with that power!

Hey guys...thanks for all of your input....any of you heard how the Two Brothers Exhaust with the "Stash" feature is. This is the one with one sinlge canister that works and the second one is a fake for storage.

• Member Contributer
Hey guys...thanks for all of your input....any of you heard how the Two Brothers Exhaust with the "Stash" feature is. This is the one with one sinlge canister that works and the second one is a fake for storage.

Yeah, Ihilker has one on here. It sounds good, but I'm against the quasi-dual exhausts (including the 2-bros.).

• Member Contributer
Yeah, Ihilker has one on here. It sounds good, but I'm against the quasi-dual exhausts (including the 2-bros.).

:goofy:

Why pay for a dual "look" system when you could just gut the stock cans?

Another Ontario Member!

YAY, EH??????gallery_8015_3519_2098.jpg

I got what you need brother...... :warranty:

I have two sets, and I just did er, ummm, an upper Baffleostemy.... ya, dat's it :salesman:

gallery_8015_2891_1366005.jpg

Lasers beforegallery_8015_3238_108990.jpg

gallery_8015_3238_6887.jpg

BABY BAFFLE WITH HIS DADDYgallery_8015_3238_27796.jpg

BIG DADDY BAFFLE :joystick:

gallery_8015_3238_274225.jpg

=BOOM-BOOM!!!gallery_8015_3238_164161.jpg

PM if interested. You could even scoot down to Paris and get them or, I could help you put them on..... :joystick:

Greg :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see another VFR here in Ontario. As for the exhaust, I'll "pipe" in with my vote for the Leo Vince, which can be purchased from a supplier on the west coast for a fairly good price. You should budget for the PCIII as well, as it fixes some of the stumble issues that are inherent with the fuel mapping on this bike. I think the Leo's look best (most cans other than these and the Remus look too long from the side) and are under the $1k mark. Throw in a BMC air filter, the required O2 plugs, and Kanadian Ken's fender eliminator and you will have a superb looking machine. All of this should run you less than $1500.

Hope to see you on the road this summer, though you'll have to come north of the city for any decent roads.

Archived