Devil Exhaust

Guest Camperguy

Guest Camperguy

My friend has a setup for his cbr1000 and I just found this on youtube.Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust on the VFR?

My buddies CBR is actually too loud for me but the video makes this exhaust sound the deepest I have ever heard.

I think I`m starting to have second thoughts about selling my bike :warranty:

http://www.devilexhaust.us/gb/moto/route.c...p;btnSearch.y=5

Bill

• Member Contributer

I was thinking about getting Devil exhaust for my VFR. I've been contacting the company about their exhausts. They have the Magnum can (like the ones on the youtube clip), and they have the Racers as well. The Magnums are bigger cans with removable baffles, while the Racers are smaller in diameter and don't come with baffles. The man I contacted from Devil said that the Racers are pretty popular for the VFR. They have a low rumble at idle and a loud scream at rev. They are the cheaper of the two as well.

My neighbor has some devils for his SV 1000, and it sounds great. He has the Magnums. As far as how they sound on the VFR, not sure except for the soundclip from youtube.

There is no U.S. distributor for Devils anymore as far as I know. Don't know how much extra it would be yet to order overseas.

• Member Contributer

Bump. Anyone? It seems there pretty popular on 5th gens. Seems only a couple of folks, here, have them on 6th gens.

• Member Contributer

I heard the sound clip and boy do they sound great!!!!!!!!

I also went to their website to learn more. I didn't think about asking them about a US distributor cause I didn't realize ...That like the Coneheads .they are of France.

I will post up any info I get from them on this thread.

• Member Contributer

OK,

I just received an email from David Roset @ Devil Exhaust. He indicated we could buy from them direct. He also talked about the different styles (Magnum and Racer) and how to decide on which one may best fit your riding style.

I sent him another email regarding cost of shipment and do Devils require re-packing and if so where in the US could that be done?

He indicated the prices on their website is US dollars and it includes everything needed to install. Yes that means the connector pipe from the cat to the silencers.

I will post again when I receive more info from Devil.

Hell...do any work with the factory bag?

Bill

Well quite a few work with aftermarquet exhaust, like Leo Vince, Staintune, Laser...

That'll be nice to have a tread on this.

Bill

Well quite a few work with aftermarquet exhaust, like Leo Vince, Staintune, Laser...

Cool...depending on the price of the Devil and if it fits the factory hard bags...I`m definatley picking up an exhaust for my VFR. Devil or Leo for sure.

I had my VFR up for sale...but I just cant go through with it :beer:

Bill

I've had a Devil SB2 High mount on my 2001 VFR for 4 years and have put about 30 000 km on it, and I love it !!! It has a very distinctive sound, very deep but not too loud (many people turn around to see what bike is making such a sound when I go by). My mechanic has one on is CBR 929 also, and he never had to repack before having put close to 100 000 km on it !! (that would be about 60 000 miles...).

Definitely a great buy, and a lot more exotic than the other regular brands aka TBR, D&D, etc.

Don't know if the VTEC setup would fit with the hardbags though...

Cheers,

P.O.

(still diggin' thru friggin' snow !!)

OK,

I just received an email from David Roset @ Devil Exhaust. He indicated we could buy from them direct. He also talked about the different styles (Magnum and Racer) and how to decide on which one may best fit your riding style.

I sent him another email regarding cost of shipment and do Devils require re-packing and if so where in the US could that be done?

He indicated the prices on their website is US dollars and it includes everything needed to install. Yes that means the connector pipe from the cat to the silencers.

Thanks for checking into it. Do you know if it fits the factory hardbags?

Bill

• Member Contributer

As of Friday Feb.15 I haven't heard back from David Roset @ Devil. I had asked a few more questions regarding cost of shipment to the USA, if they need re-packing, who in US would re-pack if needed etc.

I think they are a good sounding system but, I have concerns given they don't have a US distributor.

I would hate to order a set and they never show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone in the USA running a set of Devils on their bike?

I read the earlier post about the guy who has a neighbor running them BUT he is in Canada

• Member Contributer
OK,

Thanks for checking into it. Do you know if it fits the factory hardbags?

Bill

I'm not sure regading the hard bags but ,looking at the pictures they look like they would.

AGAIN, IS ANYONE IN THE USA RUNNING THESE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

I found this web set...www.devilbikes.com. They sell Devil Exhaust systems. I have not looked at length at this site so I'm not sure what it has.

Their number is (732)605-1436. I have not called them yet either.

I spoke to someone at Devil Bikes today 02/19/08. They no longer sale Devil Exhaust

• Member Contributer
I found this web set...www.devilbikes.com.

What I find odd about that site is that they show fitment of the carbon cans to a 6th gen VFR, but only list those as an option, and not the Ti or polished SS cans. I've always loved the look of their Ti can, with the slight yellow hue, and would pay an extra $100 or so for those vs. the carbons, and I'm not sure why they could sell the carbons and not the others.

If anyone contacts them about this application, I'd love to hear what their thoughts are. (I'd also love to have an extra grand rolling around for an exhaust, but I don't right now, maybe 12 months from now the Devil situation will be sorted out)

Bill

Cool...depending on the price of the Devil and if it fits the factory hard bags...I`m definatley picking up an exhaust for my VFR. Devil or Leo for sure.

I had my VFR up for sale...but I just cant go through with it :beer:

Bill

Ok well i just receive a e-mail from them Devil and it doesn't work...

and it gose like this!

Dear Alain,

Thank you for your emaiul and your interest in DEVIL.

I'm sorry to inform you that our exhausts can't be install with hard bag.

Thanks.

Michaël Frison.

DEVIL Company

----- Original Message -----

To: export@devil.fr

Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 10:11 PM

Subject: DEVIL EXHAUST : Demande de Contact Canada

Origine Site internet

Date - Heure 16/02/2008 - 22:11:9

Formulaire devilexhaust_contact-canada

Numéro 384590

Objet DEVIL EXHAUST : Demande de Contact Canada

nom Gagnon

prenom Alain

mail gagnon-alain@videotron.ca

commentaires Hi i have a vfr800 2005 and i was wondering if the magnum exhaust would fit with my Honda Hard bag?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orange vous informe que cet e-mail a été contrôlé par l'anti-virus mail.

Aucun virus connu à ce jour par nos services n'a été détecté.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.7/1283 - Release Date: 16/02/2008 14:16

Dear Alain,

Thank you for your emaiul and your interest in DEVIL.

I'm sorry to inform you that our exhausts can't be install with hard bag.

Well that blows :unsure:

Bill

--

• Member Contributer
I found this web set...www.devilbikes.com.

What I find odd about that site is that they show fitment of the carbon cans to a 6th gen VFR, but only list those as an option, and not the Ti or polished SS cans. I've always loved the look of their Ti can, with the slight yellow hue, and would pay an extra $100 or so for those vs. the carbons, and I'm not sure why they could sell the carbons and not the others.

If anyone contacts them about this application, I'd love to hear what their thoughts are. (I'd also love to have an extra grand rolling around for an exhaust, but I don't right now, maybe 12 months from now the Devil situation will be sorted out)

I spoke to Devil Bikes today and they no longer sale Devil Exhaust

Archived