Pair Airbox Spigots - Plug Them?

blkrabit

Question

• Member Contributer

The PAIR equipment on my '96 was removed by a previous owner. The two spigots at the front of the airbox are still open. For those that have done this mod, is it expected that they should be plugged? I've found a fair amount of crud in my carbs; are they a likely entry point for dirt, etc? I've got a bit of hose that I'll use to connect one to the other - thereby sealing them from the outside world - unless someone has a more elegant solution.

7 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

let me think.. the plugs are lower than the filter... nah! you dont want clean air in your motor! just remove the filter and.... :rolleyes:

YES!!!! PLUG IT UP!!! it sucks in CRAP!!!

• Member Contributer

Hmmm....not good. :rolleyes: Definitely plug those, they're letting unfiltered air/debris into your carbs and engine. I epoxied some plastic plugs in mine.

• Member Contributer

OK, ok...I feel like a dumba$$. Common sense tells me to plug them, but I thought because of their small diameter/90 degree bend, etc, that they might not be that much of a liability. I promise I will not let the motor run again without plugging them up in some fashion.

The truth hurts, but usually it's worth it.

I cut the spigots on mine off completely, and filled with jb-weld with small bits of screen to give it something to bite in the middle. Flush sanded and rattle-canned black, and you'd almost think there were none to begin with!

Remove the PAIR junk on my '02. Go to Ace Hardware and get a black rubber cap that fits a 5/8" chair leg.

54¢

Slips right on and is a good snug fit.

Archived