2007 Speedo On A 2002

Guest VFRCANYNCARVR

Question

Guest VFRCANYNCARVR

Has any one ever seen or had a newer speedo assy. on their older bike? I have a 2002 vfr non ABS and i need a new speedo assy. Unfotunatley cinders suck. I low sided and the bike hit the gaurd rail. this cracked my speedo. :rolleyes: I have a line on a speedo assy from a 2007 and am wondering if this would fit. Any info would be great. I have done some research and the part #s are not the same. but i think this i due to color diff. on the tachometer face. Thanks!!

9 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Bump. I don't see why not, but I can't confirm or deny.

I think the only issue would be the plug, I had my 06 off and can't remember it being different then any previous year(but my memory sux too) :rolleyes:

I think it will work.

BTW you can just buy either the gauge cover or gauge base if the boards still good, I had a new face(gauge) but sold it to a member. :thumbsup:

Good luck and let us know if it works.
Unfotunatley cinders suck.

So do you live in Flagstaff or were you just riding up there ?

No I actually live in prescott. I was riding a mountain near here called mingus mountain. It has a big elevation change at the top. I was following a car into a corner and those damn cinders just snuck up on me :o I went down around thirty miles an hour but the bike hit the gaurd rail. Luckily I had my leathers on.

"GEAR" BECAUSE WALKING AWAY IN DISGUST BEATS RIDING AWAY IN AN AMBULANCE :thumbsup: GET SOME GEAR IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY ALREADY

Well I just got the new cluster and it works fine! This cluster was off of a 2007. I wasnt to sure if it would work but it does. It also looks way cooler than the original. Thanks all for the input. Ride safe out there!

Archived