Need 929 Rear Shock Spring Advice.

Smola67

I think a 6'' spring could work as that is only .4" shorter then required and I'm sure the pre-load adjuster could easially make up for that and your using a much heavior spring which should require less pre-load. :goofy:

Now the problem is HTF do you get the spring off. I have access to a spring compressor, but it pushes down on the split rings that hold the spring in place. So once its compressed the split ring is squished between the compressor & the spring and cannot be removed. If I use it from the other end its still under too much tension. I need a compressor that works from the outside of the spring. Those things are dangerous as hell too. Do they make a special spring compressor for MC shocks that grab the spring from the outside.

I think Elka or Ohlins may be the way to go now :goofy:

Now the problem is HTF do you get the spring off. I have access to a spring compressor, but it pushes down on the split rings that hold the spring in place. So once its compressed the split ring is squished between the compressor & the spring and cannot be removed. If I use it from the other end its still under too much tension. I need a compressor that works from the outside of the spring. Those things are dangerous as hell too. Do they make a special spring compressor for MC shocks that grab the spring from the outside.

I think Elka or Ohlins may be the way to go now :goofy:

I usually get my rear springs from eshocks, they are between $72-80 each and I don't have to deal with Max who is a ripoff artist from the word go. You can also get a Penske built for the VFR, they custom build all their shocks. A friend of mine who has a FZ1 is getting a penske double clicker from JD Hord for about $750. JD is a rather infamous V twin race motor builder but he had about the cheapest price on a Penske my friend could find.

http://www.eshocks.com/hyp_make.asp

http://www.hordpower.com/

Now the problem is HTF do you get the spring off.

Maybe a few drinks and a little sweet talk'en! :goofy:

I wish I had a proper spring compressor! :pissed:

Archived