Aftermarket Turnisignal Mirrors On Ebay

Veefer800Canuck

I took a look at the new ZX10 mirrors

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/detail.as...;content=photos

and think they look all most as gross as these do. I still like the way the GSXR's look that look more like they are made to have lights in them and not a after thought or crammed in or on them in a unattractive way. I'm looking forward to being able to mount them some day when Darth Bling makes bases to allow them to be converted to fit our VFR's. If you don't know what I'm referring for search for a post called GSXR mirrors.

• 2 months later...
Apparently, they are from clutchlevers.com

This is their EBAY outlet.

Are these the same as the Thurn mirrors???

Beware this seller - Thought I'd add this posting from a similar thread on the VFRWorld site. I had the misfortune of ordering these mirrors for my third gen (92) Veefer, and am going through a battle with the seller. I even asked the seller ahead of time if these were compatible, as his lsiting photos show securing nuts on the bottom end of the bot shafts - his reply was that they installed the same as the originals. He was wrong. So ultimately, once you get them and try to install them (on the third gen model), you cannot use the provided hardware/bolts, as they are made to be secured from the backside, not top down. The mounting plate has a deep channel tha the hex head of the bolt fits down and locks into, preventing them from actually being torqued down. So you can't simply torque these into the stock fairing nuts. Additionally, the channels in the base are narrower that the heads of the stock mirror bolts, so you can't use those either. The seller's response is that I should neve have expected installation hardware/compatible bolts in the first place - and then got really insulting in his responses.

You can check out the sordid details at http://vfrworld.com/forums/gear-accessorie...ed-mirrors.html

I'm new to this community, but have been an active member of VFRWorld for 4 years. I bought my veefer new out of the showroom (Nault's Honda, Manchester, NH) in '94, and have modified the heck out of it. So I'm very familiar with every aspect of my bike. Good Luck.

Archived