Oem Hardbag Installation

Guest Weaver

Hi, Anybody have a copy of the oem hardbag installation instructions for the 6th gens? I bought some from someone and think I may be missing a part. I don't understand what the sections that curl around by the fender attach to. All that I received for installation was: the racks themselves(2), a couple of rubber thingy's to go under the grab handles, and a bunch of bolts.......

Thanks!

Hi, Anybody have a copy of the oem hardbag installation instructions for the 6th gens? I bought some from someone and think I may be missing a part. I don't understand what the sections that curl around by the fender attach to. All that I received for installation was: the racks themselves(2), a couple of rubber thingy's to go under the grab handles, and a bunch of bolts.......

Thanks!

Sounds like you might be missing the new fender bracket and that wing-shaped piece that connects the racks to the new bracket.

Here's one of Kanadian Ken's pictures I found on the forum. The picture shows what the wing-shaped piece looks like. Since he's using a fender eliminator, he not using the new fender bracket (which is why the licence plate is behind the wing-shaped piece).

DSC03527.jpg

• Member Contributer

There is also a 4inch by 8inch (guessing on those sizes) bracket that runs up the back side of the fender. I think I've got my booklet at home still, I'll check in the morning when I get home from work and scan it for you unless some one beats me too it

• Member Contributer

Thanks!

Here's a picture of all the parts that should have come with the brackets:

gallery_10826_2734_63177.jpg

PartList2.jpg

Like Darth Bling mentioned, it looks like you're at least missing brackets 3 & 4 in the picture. Unfortunately the instructions don't give actual part numbers; so I'm not sure if there is any way to order these parts individually.

Here's a good illustrated webpage to help with the installation:

http://www.westernmassriding.com/index_files/Page369.htm

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blackhorse

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem with missing brackets, when I bought a luggage set from Ebay. Contact David Silver spares in the UK and they can supply a Honda OEM Bracket kit. I just got one and I'll try to find the part no. for you.

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem with missing brackets, when I bought a luggage set from Ebay. Contact David Silver spares in the UK and they can supply a Honda OEM Bracket kit. I just got one and I'll try to find the part no. for you.

I believe the part number is 08L41-MCW-1000W.

• 1 year later...

This post was helpful so I thought I would just complete it. I ordered the "pannier stay kit" from David Silver Spares which is the 08L41-MCW-1000W. After reading this particular post I quickly sent them the picture on here and found out that the "sub bracket kit" are the pieces that the original poster were missing and I would have been as well had I not double checked. They were able to add it to my order before they shipped. So in addition to the "pannier stay kit" you need the "sub bracket kit" part number 08L41-MCW-800B in addition to part number 08L41-MCW-1000W in order to have all the parts neccessary to mount the OEM hard bags. I think I spent around $340 (inc. VAT and shipping) which is ridiculous for what you get, but still cheaper than if I ordered from anyone in the US. I didn't get instructions with either kit so now the fun begins of trying to figure out how these come together.

• Member Contributer

I should have done this a long time ago....

I just scanned the instructions for the installation and uploaded it to the site under Downloads > Owners Manuals and Other.

File name is "VFR OEM Pannier Installation"

Enjoy....

• 6 years later...

Does anyone have the exact dimensions or a tempalte for the OEM hardbag sub-bracket (item #3 - the wing shaped piece) so that a quick fab could be done. I have all other parts to install the bags and so don't need/want to buy the entire sub-bracket kit which is expensive when a simple fab would do the trick. Thanks

gallery_10826_2734_63177.jpg

post-33145-0-26754800-1433508156.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived