Vtec Battery Drain

Guest warrlac

Guest warrlac

Does anyone have experience with their VTEC machine causing the battery to go dead (from just sitting there)?

This is a new battery.... sad.gif

• Member Contributer

This was happening to me when I had my scropio alarm system hooked up. If the bike went a week without being ridden the battery was dead. After disconnecting the alarm, the problem was rectified. Anyone want a $300 scorpio alarm system a.k.a - expensive battery discharge system?

• Member Contributer

Yup...Most VFRs do that......My son-in-laws 03 and my 04 both will drain the battery just sitting there. In fact, most of my bikes won't start after sitting for a couple weeks. I keep Optima battery chargers or Solar Cell battery maintainers on all of them now....No more issues

• 3 weeks later...
Yup...Most VFRs do that......My son-in-laws 03 and my 04 both will drain the battery just sitting there. In fact, most of my bikes won't start after sitting for a couple weeks. I keep Optima battery chargers or Solar Cell battery maintainers on all of them now....No more issues

Now have a new battery in my 04 and it is still doing the same thing. Saw some comments in a Recall Canadian post talking about the same thing. Go figure.

I have contacted two local Honda dealers about the problems my bike has been having... So far nothing...

• Forum CEO

As far as i know the only thing that has power all the time is the clock, and I think that has its own rechargable battery. Nothing should be draining the battery. You should perform a amp leak test like Jeremy said to do. remove the ground post and put one lead of your ampmeter on the battery ground, and one on the ground wire. Keep the key off and see if your getting any electricity flowing with the battery off.

Archived