Oakley Thump Pro

25th VFR

• Member Contributer

Hey all,

I thought that I would write up a review on some new sunglasses that I recently purchased. I have been looking for some way to get :music: in my helmet for a while now. I don't want to run my iPod cables up the back of my helmet, nor do I want to get some new helmet that is bluetooth enabled. So I looked at Oakleys website and figured that I would try out these glasses. Although they looked HUGE, I guessed that if they didn't fit in my helmet, well...then I'll be wired for mowing my lawn.

thump-pro-468.jpg

Low and behold, the damn things fit perfectly into my helmet. I had to do a little wiggling, but they are in there. Below you will find the PROS and CONS.

PROS:

• Nice headset volume.
  • Comfortable fit
  • Up to 1GB for MP3 storage
  • Works with AAC (iTunes), WMA and MP3s.
  • Installs in minutes (hook up to PC, load software, xfer music to new drive)

CONS:

• Headset volume at top speed (with STOCK exhaust) is low at times. Those of you with Microns...STEP AWAY FROM THIS POST.
  • A bit sketchy 'pushing' and 'wiggling' $250.00 glasses into my helmet. You develop a system on doing this though.
  • Volume controls are on top of frame of glasses, so you cant 'advance' songs easily (at least that's for me with my RF1000 helmet)
  • O.J. Should be a con...

Overall I would give it the following marks (5 being tops):

Style: :offtopic: :warranty: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel:

Price: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel:

Sound: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel:

Quality: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel:

Archived