Anyone Add Resistors With Led Turn Signals?

Guest tpierce(MP)

Guest tpierce(MP)

7443.jpg

Anyone? I added LED bulbs from here, they are the "7443-W15"s, in white. I knew they would draw less of a load, so they blink faster. What i was wondering is if anyone had added in resistors into the circuits to slow the rate. Do i need to add a resistor near each bulb? Do our bikes have a single turnsignal relay somewhere i could just add one reisistor to? Any idea what size? thanks.

You need only a small resistor, like 6 ohms, but it needs to be a heavy duty....like 50 watt, resistor. It should be able to go between the ground wire of the flasher(as a guess), so you would only need one.

They also make flashers with built in resistors.

Guest vfrrider

I used the load box after a new digital signal flasher. The the load box was for BOTH right and left and was so wired in the circuits (both right and left) after the flasher.

You can use load resistors, one per side, if so desired. WARNING, they work by adding resistance, and therefore get hot. Mount accordingly.

Larry

VFRrider

Go to your local auto parts chain store and buy an EP28 Electronic Flasher, or whatever else has your same connector (3-wire? 2-wire? Should be 3 wire, I think)), and make sure it says LED somewhere on the packaging or in the tiny writing on the plastic flasher housing. You will probably have to remove the terminals from the Honda connector and slide them directly onto the flasher's flat blade terminals (corectly, of course, but it's simple). Should be protected without the Honda connector housing, but tape or heat shrink might be a safe move.

Problems totally solved.

Go to your local auto parts chain store and buy an EP28 Electronic Flasher, or whatever else has your same connector (3-wire? 2-wire? Should be 3 wire, I think)), and make sure it says LED somewhere on the packaging or in the tiny writing on the plastic flasher housing. You will probably have to remove the terminals from the Honda connector and slide them directly onto the flasher's flat blade terminals (corectly, of course, but it's simple). Should be protected without the Honda connector housing, but tape or heat shrink might be a safe move.

Problems totally solved.

wow, i didn't know they made different flashers for LEDs, thanks. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Problems totally solved.

wow, i didn't know they made different flashers for LEDs, thanks. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Yes, and it doesn't matter if you have regular bulbs in the system, too. The key thing is it's an electronic flasher, and thus doesn't require the amp draw (which is why you have to traditionally add resistors with LEDS ) that the old style electro-mechanical flashers needed to fire.

Again, all you need to know is the number of pins on your OEM flasher, and that the one you're buying says "LED". Take your OEM unit with you.....easy as pie.

• Member Contributer

http://www.customdynamics.com/led_strobe.htm

Did one of these. Pretty neat. Plug-in and go. (+ its adjustable). Put it where the org. relay was, with the dial facing the front of the bike.

100_2657.jpg

(Also put my led voltmeter module, in the area).

100_2655.jpg

You guys are fast!!!

If you're running 4 lights (front and rear), two resistors, totalling 6ohms, one for each side. I spliced into and mounted them under my seat at the rear.

BTW, it's recommended to go with the same color as the lens usually, for maximum effect, if they're not clear, of course :warranty:

Number 4: http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_0408/cow...mp;parent=11600

Or get a digital relay...

Linky http://superlumination.com/equalizers.htm

How mine look...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...i&img=26030

Archived