Interstate Charger

Stéphane

• Member Contributer

I just bought that charger from a friend who has an account with interstate: $36 (I think it retails for $60).

med_gallery_4229_2149_914630.jpg

It comes with 2 connectors: One with clamps and one that you connect and leave on your battery.

med_gallery_4229_2149_173455.jpg

Then you put the plug in a place that you can easily access.

med_gallery_4229_2149_655316.jpg

Take the protector off. NOTE: Is it the same connector for heating vests?

med_gallery_4229_2149_169618.jpg

That's it!

You can leave it on, it will never overcharge your battery. Worth it for people who park their bike for a long period. Good for cars, campers etc..

Yes, the SAE connector is used on many heated vests. Thus, the lead could also be used for heating. Watch out that you do not have loose leads by your chain!!!

I did this on the opposite side, by the exhaust. One day the lead migrated down to the pipe and the cover melted to the pipe. ^_^

• Member Contributer
stephane,

just route the connector under the seat and out by the seat key hole on lft side. keeps it away from chain, meat, etc.

here is the best pic i could find in a rush

powerconnector

Thanks, I'll do that right away.

As for the price, yeah I'm sure you can beat that down South, but for me, it was there and for $36, I just couldn't resist.

Thanks CementHead for the confirmation about the connector. Not sure I'd get one myself, but nice to know it is universal.

SG

Archived