5th Gen Dumbo Ears Modification

AB-Oz

On an OzVFR ride last weekend, 20 of us. I was leading the pack and...

...the short version is as I was coming into the carpark at the Halfway house on the Putty Road (~200km North of Sydney, Oz) at about 10-15km/h the front end skidded in gravel, fell over. Lucky that I was separated from the bike too as it didn't fall on me, maybe I jumped off? :goofy:

Kirby was right behind me and said one moment I was up, and one "oh-no" second later I was gravel surfing.

Trev straightened the gear lever, I taped the bike up with some 100mph tape, straightened the clip-ons which had twisted in on the fork leg a bit, Trev asked if I wanted him to ride it up the road a bit, but I ran it up to temp to check fan and coolant, hopped on and went a K up the road, all was good. I've got a huge bruise on my upper thigh, bike fairings are trashed on the lhs, indicator punched through the fairing, rear is untouched. Bit of a sore elbow, found it hard to push in on the left bar for left corners and was a bit tentative for the rest of the day.

Dropped the bike off at the local dealer yesterday and spoke to the repairer, he's going to quote for bike + helmet + leathers + boots, very happy I've got that extra $3k cover for my gear... just have to wait for the process to happen now. sad.gif

p.s. the indicator still works...

gallery_1129_237_108414.jpg

IMG_5630s.jpg

What the hell does ATGATT mean???

All The Gear, All The Time.

Those indicators are just SO dumb. When I dropped the VifFerraRi after fitting the replacement confirminators, it was very heartening to note that they weren't even scratched.

Bad luck, Adam. Hope the repairs aren't too expensive, and I hope you have no complications.

Edited by enzed_viffer

DAmn - that sucks! Sorry to hear you wrecked.

If its any consolation - I have a left 5th Gen Signal - but I'm sure shipping might be a bit of a beeeatch...... (Anyone in North America heading for Aus soon?)