Diablo Stradas - Notes, Thoughts, Opinion

supraman66

• Member Contributer

Just got my Diablo Stradas installed last week and all I can say (with 200 miles on them) is WOW. I don't have enough experience to compare these tire to much but they replaced a set of Don'tlop 208's (?) that still had about a thousand miles til scrape but I wanted new meats for my trip to TN this summer so I changed them early and couldn't be happier.

Neutral steering but with a little extra push you can get them to carve rather quickly. Seem a little stiffer then the Don'tlops but they have a couple more pounds in them than I was runnin with the D's. Nice and grippy on the corners (I don't push tires yet as I'm still a bit of a rookie) with plenty of feedback. I feel like I know exactly what the tire are doing. Straighline they are smooth with no wobbe or vibration (as any new tire should be) and when you clamp down on the binders they really bite!

So far so good and my TN trip will give me more info that I will try and post here in the future.

On a side note, I love the tire survey tool, but It would be nice if there was a thread for each of these tires so people could put down a narative if they wanted. That is what I'm trying here. Lets see if it works.

Ride safe all!! :thumbsup:

Ya, Just ran thru a set. Actually, the rear is done and the front is about half done @ 6K. Love the manners of the tires. I live in mountain area, but do a fair amount of flat land. These tires have squared less than any others I have run, and continue to be relatively neutral after extended wear. I'd like to run Diablos next and see how mileage compares. As much as I like the Strada they are just on the borderline when it comes to grip for me. I'm fine most days on the street, but there have been a couple moments when they felt loose. Would never consider them for a track day. In general, 5 stars.

• Member Contributer
Ya, Just ran thru a set...I'd like to run Diablos next and see how mileage compares. As much as I like the Strada they are just on the borderline when it comes to grip for me.

?????????????????????????? Perelli/diablo/strata-corsa-super corsa.

Just finished a set of Stratas, now have the Corsa III. I love them that much more! :thumbsup:

Are these the tires Cycle Gear had on sale for 169 a set?

Nope, those were the regular Diablos. The Diablo Stradas are the sport-touring version.

I had a set of Stradas and I loved them. I only ever pushed them on dry, clean pavement and I never had a slip once. I got about 9k miles out of the rear and 10k out of the front. The tires didn't really cup until about sometime around 7k or 8k.

I currently have the regular Diablos and they definitely have more grip. Unfortunately, they're more prone to cupping than the Stradas.

Archived