What Is The Difference When You Turn An Asymmetrical Part Around In Your Suspension?

captainchris13

• Member Contributer

so here is the triangle.

gallery_8002_2073_29091.jpg

1999 5th gen rear susp link

i had flipped it to the other side of the mount before when i had the rear end apart since it had groove marks on it.

Now i look at it again, and it is stamped FR for front i take it, but when i measure it, it is not a symmetrical part.

it is also stamped FR on both sides, pointing the same way. so what would happen if i were to flip it around on the same side and make it point not front?

The top 60 mm dimension of swingarm to shock (to the inside edge of holes, add a hole dia for accurate dimension) would not change so it wouldnt stress out the shock mounts.

the 54 and 58 mm dimensions would flip.

Would it just lower the rear of the bike?

Oh, the new spring just went in, why i had it apart. 1100lbs. WOW. :unsure: the stock is 15.3kg per mm or 850lbs (mine was tested at 14.9, erion edition old 929 shock and was 830lbs)

that and .90 fronts and it feels pretty good, wants to stand up in corners though. tomorrow is futz with damping and day! might also drop the front end a scoche to get it neutral again. or i have a low tire...

• Member Contributer

Ya ok. i guess i missed it.

in other news, the search function with my browser seems to never find much. other times, pages and pages...

• Member Contributer

when you flip the triangle.. nothing on the bike changes....it SEEMS to ..

what really happens is you change the UNIVERSE!!!!!

which is why one study will say chocolate and wine are good for your heart.. and months later anther says no its not!

yup! somebody messed with the TRIANGLES!!!!

:thumbsup: :goofy: :goofy:

• Member Contributer
Ya ok. i guess i missed it.

in other news, the search function with my browser seems to never find much. other times, pages and pages...

It helps to know what you are looking for.

I remembered this thread and knew that the title was something having to do with "lower..... for free". I put lower in the title search and got two hits, one was the thread I was looking for.

You just can't get to up set when people can't find threads in the search that have....... less than optimum titles.

Archived