Ohlins Shock

SilverBullet

I'm in the middle of installing a new Ohlins shock on my 6th gen and I was wondering how some of you guys were mounting the hydralic pre-load adjuster. The directions say to remove the battery, exhaust silencers, wheel cover, ect.... Do I have to do all of this? Or is there a simpler way to mount it.

Thanks

• Member Contributer
I'm in the middle of installing a new Ohlins shock on my 6th gen and I was wondering how some of you guys were mounting the hydralic pre-load adjuster. The directions say to remove the battery, exhaust silencers, wheel cover, ect.... Do I have to do all of this? Or is there a simpler way to mount it.

Thanks

Here is where mine is mounted. I don't know if it would be possible to route it through without removing all that stuff.

silver_subframe_5.jpg

• Member Contributer

There is a thread on mounting a shock on a 4th gen, you'll find some pointer there

Linky

• Member Contributer

I had one of those on my first VTEC and I didn't do any of that. IIRC, I just zip tied the line to the brake lines and mounted the adjuster to the right passenger peg mount. I figured Honda has all ready done the research on the best routing, why re-invent the wheel?

I got the shock mounted and went for a ride and all I need to say is wow!! What a difference!! I have 23,000 miles on my bike and the stock shock must have been getting weak.

But now on the Ohlins shock I cannot turn the pre-load adjustment knob. I put the bike up onto its center stand to take the wieght off the shock and it still won't turn. Does anybody know why the knob does'nt turn?

Sounds like the remote pre-load collar has froze. Tear it down free it up and let us know. I hear the difference is night and day with the suspension worked over on these things. I have to say, bone stock I am lovin mine, but I never leave anything alone. I always seem to do suspension.

What Shock did you get?

I am looking at the S46HR1C1LS, with a AK20 kit from Traxxion Dynamics. Think that should do nicely.

• Member Contributer
I am looking at the S46HR1C1LS, with a AK20 kit from Traxxion Dynamics. Think that should do nicely.

I have that one with standard valving, very, very nice. Night and day difference. My stock shock had about 40K miles and had no damping left in it.

I called Phil at AfterShocks where I bought the Shock. He told me to take an allen wrench and put it into the bolt at the end of the adjuster knob. Then turn the wrench and twist the knob with the other hand at the same time. The knob came loose and now works without a problem.

I also had AfterShocks re-valve the forks and that mod made quite a difference. All I need to do now is have someone help me set the sag and find some curvy roads to test the suspension out and see how I really like the new setup.

Archived