Will A 6th Gen Shock Fit A 5th Gen?

Guest keithroxx

Guest keithroxx

I have an oppertunity to get a 6th gen aftermarket shock for cheap, but need to know if it will work.

thanks

I have an oppertunity to get a 6th gen aftermarket shock for cheap, but need to know if it will work.

thanks

They are not the same length, don't have the same stroke length and probably have a different spring rate, so no.

However, you boys across the pond seem to just fit anything that'll physically bolt in there , so yes, It'll fit. :beer:

Rod

thanks

The Vtec shock is the same POS as the stock 5th gen, you can get a CBR 929 shock for almost nothing and it's a much better, fully adjustable shock with the same factory spring rate as the vfr.

Read any of the many 929 shock install post here. :thumbsup:

thanks

The Vtec shock is the same POS as the stock 5th gen, you can get a CBR 929 shock for almost nothing and it's a much better, fully adjustable shock with the same factory spring rate as the vfr.

He said it was an AFTERMARKET shock for a VTEC.

thanks

He said it was an AFTERMARKET shock for a VTEC.

Oh, :beer: , missed that! Don't be confusing me with the facts! <_<

:blink:

There should be aprox. 12mm of height adjustment on it if it has ride height adjustment that should make up the height difference no problem. If it doesn't have ride height adjust. you would just have to do a simple Mod to the top mount bracket and add a spacer.

Archived