Avon Storm

vic28222

Here's a review from a friend of mine:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=46385

Thanks, but I can't read Kiwi. :unsure:

Really can you attach his pdf here, since we need to log in to read it from that site?

Oops! Sorry - my bad. sad.gif

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~cam4/Avon%20S...0evaluation.pdf

I am relieved that "my tyre guy" is expecting a new shipment of Storms today, after selling out. Apparently "word is out" and demand here has been so high that the importer sold all of his first shipment very quickly. I'm now guaranteed a pair, and if my rear tyre misbehaves in the next damp patch (probably later today :unsure: ) then it'll be suffering a bit of BurnOutCity chastisement and the Storms will go on, even though the Azaros aren't even down to the wear bars yet. :salesman:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone's input. I think I am going to order a set of Storms tomorrow. The best price by far I found was at MotoXoutlet.com as one of you mentioned.... $213 total including shipping! I am hoping to make my entire 8,000 mile trip without having to change tires enroute and based on peoples experience with the AV45/46 combo, that seems possible. I am a little bothered by comments people made of headshake and the tendency of the tire to be "much quicker" and "nervous" but I have had that feeling before when changing from worn tires to new tires. The last time I went from a set of worn Metzler M1s to new Z6s I had that same exact sensation for the first few hundred miles. In any case, thanks for the input. When I get back at the end of June I'll do a tire report.

Cheers,

Vic

• Member Contributer

Mine are getting installed tomorrow, fingers crossed anyway. See my sig for the big news. :goofy:

Archived