'04 Matte Black Compared To Shoei Matte Black Color?

tinyminds

I'm about to get a new helmet, Shoei Multitec helmet, but was wanting to know if anyone has one of the Shoei Matte Black helmets and have compared it to the 2004 matte black bikes. None of the local dealers have matte black in stock for me to compare, and every place I found in Daytona this weekend that had it, was to far away from my bike for me to go compare. Just curious how well the two colors match? Any new reviews on the helmet from anyone? Seen a couple of posts about it but just seeing if anyones compared the two colors. Thanks.

01-101_sm.jpg

• Member Contributer

that looks like a really nice helmet

I'd be interested to see how well it stays latched in a fall. I've heard of the HJC flip-up helmets causing some injuries in the temple area of the rider's head because of the hinge & latching mechanism

• Member Contributer
I'm about to get a new helmet, Shoei Multitec helmet, but was wanting to know if anyone has one of the Shoei Matte Black helmets and have compared it to the 2004 matte black bikes. None of the local dealers have matte black in stock for me to compare, and every place I found in Daytona this weekend that had it, was to far away from my bike for me to go compare. Just curious how well the two colors match? Any new reviews on the helmet from anyone? Seen a couple of posts about it but just seeing if anyones compared the two colors. Thanks.

01-101_sm.jpg

I have a Shoei matte black and a 2004 matte black... :thumbsup:

Bump!

Can't say for sure, as I have not looked at the Shoei. The other brand matte black helmets are a rubberized flat black (no metallic). The 04 VFR is a fine metallic black with a satin clear coat. Hope this helps.

Regards, Will

• 3 weeks later...

My VFR is red, but I did recently purchase a new Arai helmet to go with my all black leathers and I chose the Frost Black colour, which I think looks closer to the flat black finish on the VFR than any other helmet. The VFR paint is not really a flat black but more of a satin sheen to it, and most helmets look like primer they are so flat in finish. The frost black from Arai has a light sheen to it that would probably match the bike best.

Wargoose

Thanks for responses. I ended up ordering on after finding out it does have a satin finish over the matte black color, which I what I was hoping for. Not a perfect match, but pretty close. Will post pics when I get the helmet in about a week from backorder!

Archived