Fork Service Tip

Guest cseger1

Guest cseger1

I am working on forks and I was unhappy with clamping them in the bench vise. I was looking for a better way when I realized I was holding it in my hand. The clamps from my convertibars. Bingo. Clamp that to the bench and use it to hold the fork tube. No scratches, holds completely tight. For those without convertibars, just use the bottom triple clamp.

...Or just do your loosening before you remove them fully from the bike/triples.

Funny, I just serviced my 2000 forks lastnight. The second one took half the time of the first...

Drained flushed fluid and re-filled with the factory SS8(10wt). Anyone experiement with non-stock weight fork oil?

...Or just do your loosening before you remove them fully from the bike/triples.

Funny, I just serviced my 2000 forks lastnight. The second one took half the time of the first...

Drained flushed fluid and re-filled with the factory SS8(10wt). Anyone experiement with non-stock weight fork oil?

i just received my .95's and oil from aftershock. they sent my 5wt so I will be doing this next week. not sure why they sent me 5wt, but i told them i weighed 260 and they picked the spring rate and oil wt to fit.

• Forum CEO

OH yea lighter weight honda oil softened up the forks but not enough rebound damping, suggest taking a shim off the compression damper and putting it on the rebound damper if you do this. But then again I use stiffer springs too.

Archived