How Much Paint?

Guest Zero Obliquity

I haven't yet painted my VFR but the last bike I painted it took about 1.5 quarts and there wasn't any plastic to cover, that was just the front fender, tank, and 4 smaller side covers. I'm guessing on buying a few quarts or possibly a gallon as it's usually the same cost as 2 quarts as for a gallon here at least for the paint itself.

I haven't yet painted my VFR but the last bike I painted it took about 1.5 quarts and there wasn't any plastic to cover, that was just the front fender, tank, and 4 smaller side covers. I'm guessing on buying a few quarts or possibly a gallon as it's usually the same cost as 2 quarts as for a gallon here at least for the paint itself.

It really depends on the color and coverage desired.

• Member Contributer

three pints is ample for the whole bike, don't forget sandable primer, fish eye remover, quart of clear coat, stabilizer, laquor thinner, masking tape, strainers, tack cloth, proper lighting, dust free environment, and a lot of patience.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased 3 quarts when I re-painted mine. I had just under a quart left after it was all said and done. This included painting the lids on all three OEM hard cases

good luck and don't forget to post pics when your done :thumbsup:

Archived