4th Gen Red Paint

Guest ex TZ tuner

Guest ex TZ tuner

FYI. When I first got my VFR the black NACA ducts had to go. A friend was the shop manager at a Honda dealer and ordered me up this paint. It cost $36.00, for one stinking can. Acording to him, it's supposed to be used over a silver basecoat and be topped with a clearcoat. I shot a couple of coats directly on the black and never got around to the clearcoating. At the time it was VERY close to a dead match, and over time has aged to an even closer hue.

Color Rite UK300

Urethane Spray Paint

Honda MA 2228 U R157

Italian Red

(yea, that right Italian Red)

Jabez

And hey, this might be the cheapest go fast mod for all those yellow bikes!

• Member Contributer
notice it was supposed to go over a silver base coat. that is 'cause the silver gives it the speed. the red is just to make it purdy..

LOL! I think you have it backasswards.

• Member Contributer
notice it was supposed to go over a silver base coat. that is 'cause the silver gives it the speed. the red is just to make it purdy..

Huh? Here's a guy named TURTLEcreek talking about speed? Hahahaha. J/K! Yes, I do love the pearl red on my fourth gen. Not quite the flake in the new bass boat black but there is a little sparkle under that red. Thanks for the paint color tip. I may pick some up before I need it. That usually guarantees that I won't need something by purchasing it ahead of time. :goofy:

Guest ex TZ tuner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived