Survey Says.......?

Guest Kanadian Ken

Guest Kanadian Ken

Just pulled this piece off the wrecked front end I have. It was dead centre in the middle of the front nose, it is oriented with "UP" stamped on it.

I scoured the service manual for it - can't see anyhting pointing to it.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be? THree wires on it.

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

Bank angle sensor (Section 5-82) in honda service manual. If the bike drops below the 27 degree angle mark from horizonal, it shuts off firing to the cylinders. Anotherwords, it thinks your crashing. By shutting off firing to the cylinders, it keeps it from exploding in case of a gas leak. If its put on upside down, you will get NO (ZERO) firing from the plugs. Safety percaution.

Guest Kanadian Ken
whatcha been upto, Ken? looks like a tracking device to me. :rolleyes:

HA !!! I wish I could create something like that!!

THanks for the help gang - I came up empty in my search of the service manual. :beer:

• Member Contributer
What does a tip sensor do?

Waiters and waitresses keep them on hand in order to know if a customer might potentially leave a big tip. If the tip sensor reads positive, they get all friendly, keep your beer mug or tea glass full, and the females rub their boobs on your back as they reach over to set your next beer on the table. If the tip sensor doesn't read positive, you probably won't see them again more than once or twice before getting the bill.

Waiters and waitresses keep them on hand in order to know if a customer might potentially leave a big tip. If the tip sensor reads positive, they get all friendly, keep your beer mug or tea glass full, and the females rub their boobs on your back as they reach over to set your next beer on the table. If the tip sensor doesn't read positive, you probably won't see them again more than once or twice before getting the bill.

Goony Goo Goo! :P

Guest Kanadian Ken

If I can find a part number for it - I'll add it to the list of items for sale.. Need to find out what it is worth New - so I can chop the price down right quickly.

:beer:

Guest 767fixer

damn the waitress at Sam Seltzers must have had one of those friday night. she was real friendly to me ...and the wife to i guess. but i forgot the wife was there

• Member Contributer
If I can find a part number for it - I'll add it to the list of items for sale.. Need to find out what it is worth New - so I can chop the price down right quickly.

:rolleyes:

$82.00 USD Thought they were more.

• Member Contributer
damn the waitress at Sam Seltzers must have had one of those friday night. she was real friendly to me ...and the wife to i guess. but i forgot the wife was there

good, cheap prime rib... have to go again soon

• Member Contributer

bank angle sensor turns off ignition AND electric fuel pump. bike will not run when mounted upside down! the 5gen part is not marked this end up and i didn't know what is was either. the worst was trying to find info in the manual when one page says bank angle sensor and then you have to locate the stop engine relay on the next page! SAME PART!

its electrical, so they must die sometime but never heard of one being replaced :rolleyes:

Archived