Any Advice Usa Canada?

If you don't want an Aerostitch, these guys are as good as it gets for customer service! NewEnough.

Don't worry about the name of the company, they sell new products and they now ship internationally.

:goofy: +1.gif+1.gif

Bought some gloves and a textile suit from them. 100% recommended.

If you're looking for something in textile, I highly recommend the Tourmaster Flex Jacket. NewEnough has them for $180: Link. I absolutely love mine. It's pretty warm down to about 45?F, even down into the 30's if you've get multiple layers on underneath. And then if you take out all the liners and remove the outside panels, you have a full fledge mesh jacket, with full CE armor. I was wearing mine all day yesterday and it was up to 100?F.

The lining they refer to inside the mesh suit, it's not an insulation layer like a fleece is it? Or do some jackets have both?

The Tourmaster Flex has both a waterproof liner and thermal liner (not fleece). If you click "View Larger Pictures" on NewEnough's webpage, they have pictures of the jacket in it's different configurations.

The Tourmaster Flex has both a waterproof liner and thermal liner (not fleece). If you click "View Larger Pictures" on NewEnough's webpage, they have pictures of the jacket in it's different configurations.

How did the sizing work out for you?

New Enough talks about the jacket fitting differently with the two liners removed?

How do you find it?

Guest jgombos

Garville,

The very first thing you should be doing is deciding what kind of material you want - before you even look at suits. I noticed the Aerostich brand doesn't even tell you what material their suits are made of until you dig into the faqs and find that it's nylon - and it's the first thing you want to know.

Check out Motoport's material comparison :warranty:, where they document tear test results and abrasion test results. Kevlar is the strongest synthetic material you can buy (yes, the same stuff that stops bullets).

There is racing grade kevlar, and air mesh kevlar. I prefer air mesh kevlar, because it's so perfect for evaporative cooling in the summer. If you're the type that likes to hose off to get saturated with water before getting on the bike, there is no better choice than air mesh kevlar. It's extremely porous (in fact sometimes I think I've taken off having not zipped up my jacket, only to find that I have). Most air mesh fabrics have the integrity of a hockey jersey, but kevlar feels solid, like it's not going to slip around. You can't go wrong with it unless you're on a very tight budget.

http://www.joerocket.com/jrf/home.cfm

See what you think of the 'Alter Ego' setup... it's what I have :thumbsup: :salesman:

Greetings Veefe Madness...I see that you are just up the road from me.

I'm in Cambridge, ON.

How (in)convenient do you find the Alter Ego jacket to change to "warm weather" version?

It seems to be a bit tedious removing all the textile bits.

I have some Joe Rocket gear and while it's decent quality, there stuff is by no means top of the line.

For what it is, I think it's over-priced too.

Cheers,

Rob

How did the sizing work out for you?

New Enough talks about the jacket fitting differently with the two liners removed?

How do you find it?

Yup, it does go up a size when you take both liners out. So, when I bought the jacket, I made sure it would fit me when I had all the liners in it. If I had gotten a size smaller, the jacket would have fit great without the liners but it would of been too tight with the liners. Plus, I like to add a fleece vest or something underneath the jacket for extra warmth in the winter, so the smaller size wouldn't have worked.

Greetings Veefe Madness...I see that you are just up the road from me.

I'm in Cambridge, ON.

How (in)convenient do you find the Alter Ego jacket to change to "warm weather" version?

It seems to be a bit tedious removing all the textile bits.

I have some Joe Rocket gear and while it's decent quality, there stuff is by no means top of the line.

For what it is, I think it's over-priced too.

Cheers,

Rob

Hey Rob:

I consider it pretty easy for me as I usually take it off in the spring and it seems to be quite okay until fall. I don't tour too much so I leave the panels at home. What I liked the most is I pretty much have three suits in one for now. I would still like to have a set of leathers for those 'other' days... as for price, I got a good price on the jacket from Sturgess cause that's where I bought my '05. The pants came from GP Bikes in

Ajax as they are listed as a Canadian distributor (huuuuge selection!!).

Greg

Ps. my Highway is 24Ehhhhhhy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived