Warm Weather Riding Gear...

Guest ianian28

Guest ianian28

well, my leathers just aren't going to cut it for the 90 degree + weather we've been having in california.

i've never owned warm weather gear (bought my stuff during the winter) - and i could use some recommendations for jackets/pants/gloves to wear in the heat.

my hope is to sacrifice as little safety as possible, but i'm guessing i'm going to have to to textile?

thanks for the help!

Guest greene222

I have an AGV AeroMesh jacket that I would recommend for warm weather riding.

It has the CE armor and the mesh is very free-flowing. The AeroMesh II is not as cool and fits a little short.

Also have an ICON TiMax mesh that is nice and cool, but the armor is not CE.

Perforated leather ! Great when moving and excellent protection. :thumbsup:

That's what I'm using in 90-100 deg. with higher humidity that you'll ever see! :P

• Member Contributer
Perforated leather !  Great when moving and excellent protection. :thumbsup:

That's what I'm using in 90-100 deg. with higher humidity that you'll ever see! :P

+1.gif On the perforated leather. Flows a lot of air and still provides excellent protection.

• Member Contributer

My current jacket is last year's Alpinestars Stunt jacket. The whole front of the torso of this jacket is perforated. I have riden in temps into the mid 90s with it and the perforated leather definitely flows a lot of air. If you do go with perforated leather get a jacket that is also perforated on the arms, that is the only complaint I have with my Stunt jacket is my arms tend to get hot in the higher temps.

red_front.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

• Member Contributer

IMHO this is the best out there. Leather where you need it, superb construction, and Vanson quality. I've checked this jacket out and if I could afford it I'd buy it.

http://www.vansonleathers.com/product_page...mj/smj_frt2.jpg

http://www.vansonleathers.com/product_page...ard.html#Jacket

Rich A

Archived