Connecting electrical accessories

Guest goldVFR

Guest goldVFR
From your avatar it looks like you have cut your rear fender down.  Perhaps you bought the bike used and it was already done?  Sounds like the license plate light connector to me.  You have one of those?

:wheel:

Hmm. I did buy the bike used. (last october). I guess I am still figuring out what it is that I bought :P I don't have a license plate light, so I guess those connectors were for that.

Here is a better shot of the rear:

gallery_5567_767_82583.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

rear01.jpg

I picked up a relay, wires and connectors from AutoZone today. I will install the GPS once the RAM mount gets here.

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Could someone revive this topic? I would love to hear where you found a good block connector and where you mounted it on the VFR. Mine came with heated hand grips, voltmeter and a stem socket powerlet which I would am about to rewire. I also added an alarm system and battery tender harness. With all these wires headed for the battery it's gonna get ugly quick.

Someone also had a good website to pick up cheap SAE connectors and such that dissapeared in the DB meltdown. That'll teach me not to book mark the site. <_<

• Member Contributer
Could someone revive this topic? I would love to hear where you found a good block connector and where you mounted it on the VFR. Mine came with heated hand grips, voltmeter and a stem socket powerlet which I would am about to rewire. I also added an alarm system and battery tender harness. With all these wires headed for the battery it's gonna get ugly quick.

Someone also had a good website to pick up cheap SAE connectors and such that dissapeared in the DB meltdown. That'll teach me not to book mark the site. <_<

I did a quick search and came up with This Thread.

• Member Contributer

This is without a doubt the easiest way to add a fuse block to your bike. And it's specifically made for motorcycles. Contains everything, relay, ground buss and fuse holder. Even comes with connectors.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.las...64FBEA464682D80

01-044-0450-01.jpg

I mounted mine on the right side under the fairing with some 100lb double sided tape. Works great.

DSC_0006-vi.jpg

Oh, by the way......A must have catalog if you are into wiring up stuff. Talk about a selection of fuse blocks and waterproof switches!

www.waytekwire.com

Archived