Tire Sale

Earthshake

anyone get in on this?

I just went over 200 miles on my new baby,

but I was thinking of going ahead and picking these up (after a little more resurch)

from what I've read, most people are killing there rear tires in 5K miles or so,

if this is true,

I plan on needing a couple sets this year

• Member Contributer
anyone get in on this?

I just went over 200 miles on my new baby,

but I was thinking of going ahead and picking these up (after a little more resurch)

from what I've read,  most people are killing there rear tires in 5K miles or so,

if this is true,

I plan on needing a couple sets this year

Yeah. Depends on how you ride really. I've had 14,000km from a rear and front, and other times less. It won't burn up rear tyres like a 1000cc bike will so unless you ride twisties all day long, you will probably get away with a bit more than 5 thousand miles.

• Member Contributer

I just got some new 208s on Mar 2 and paid $176. Thats the regular everyday price at my local dealership. Then of course I paid $25 per for install.

• 1 month later...

A little birdy told me cycle gear is going to be having a sale on 208s on the 20th. I'm not a huge dunlop fan, but for the streetbike I might just spoon on a set and see what I think.

• Member Contributer

My bike came from the PO with D208s, which appeared to have very little wear. In 2k miles the rear had almost no tread, and the front was badly cupped. Much of that was not real hard riding since it was over the winter. Decent stick when warm, but scary in cool/wet weather. I suppose you could give me a set, but that's about it. Now running Pilot Roads, much better wear, good in cold/wet, and reasonable (but not exceptional) dry traction.

Archived