anyone use this type of frame slider before

Guest BIGTWAN251975

• Member Contributer
anyone use this type of frame slider before just wondering if they would work????

http://cgi.ebay.com/HONDA-VFR-750-800-CRAS...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah we've seen those around a bit. They're not "frame sliders", they call them "Crash protectors". Basically they just replace one of the normal fairing screws.

They're good only for dropping your bike in the garage, because they are mounted to the cheap (and weak) metal mount which the fairing itself is mounted on. Ergo, anything more than a zero-speed drop and the "crash protector" will transfer its force to the fairing mount and snap the fairing there.

Kaldek

• Forum CEO

"These protectors/mushrooms fit in place of the fairing bolts."

Basically useless in a crash and sure to break the fairing stays if you drop the bike in the garage or driveway, nothing like a busted out plastic fairing hole, your better off getting frame sliders that bolt into the frame

• Member Contributer

I haven't used frame sliders (I'd like to one of these days), but I'm pretty sure those would snap right off from the looks of those mounting bolts. Plus, if I remember correctly, the fairing mounting bolts aren's the best place to put them.

• Member Contributer
frame sliders that bolt into the frame any where in the U.S carry them why is so much stuff for these bike over seas

VFRs are much more popular in other countries than it is here. Good sliders for the VFR are going to set you back $200+ but a single radiator, gas tank, or many other items will make them seem cheap. I had a 40mph lowside that did $4500 worth of damage. Probably would have been about $1000 if I had not put off getting frame sliders.

I have actually USED my frame sliders and they literally saved my bike in a 70 mph low side. No lie. I'm sure it would have disintegrated in front of me if I didn't have them. I ended up with some scratched plastic and an engine case that ground through (check my gallery for the gory pics). Mine are the Motovation brand that replace an engine mount. From what I understand, they don't make them for the 5th gen though.

The "mushroom" type are a gimick. Like others have said, they'd pretty much punch a hole in your fairing. Whatever you do, get some and get the real deal. These are a waste of money.

Archived