iPod volume changing?

Guest Ikazuchi

• Member Contributer
Now I have an Ipod Nano, the 2 gig one.  I bought a waterproof Otterbox for it and put some heavy duty 3M hook and loop tape on it to secure it to the bike.  I found the click wheel is no good with my riding gloves, I can click it but cant adjust volume. If I buy a remote its gonna get wet and be just like the lyra.  I dont use a tankbag anymore.  I wonder if I can modify a finger in my glove to make the click wheel work?  How does the click wheel work anyway?  Its like touch pad on a laptop, why doenst it work with my glove on?

I was able to use the wheel on my nano with my gloves on but I'd usually wind up hitting pause so I bought a Griffin wired remote. It's a remote and an FM radio for the Ipod that works great. I am currently using the Nano in my jacket pocket with the remote hanging out slightly. I'll know soon enough about water restistance.

(Griffin Wired Remote)

http://www.csctoronto.com/store/product_in...roducts_id=2968

I also have the griffen airclick attached to the left bar, with my iPod in my jacket pocket never had an issue except for the differring volume of different songs, thats the one thing I hate about mp3's. but it's a small price to pay for the convenience.

You can set the sound level on the ipod settings. This will minimize the change from song to song, but it often quiets the songs too much... I don't have my pod in front of me, but it is in the settings area...

Now I have an Ipod Nano, the 2 gig one.  I bought a waterproof Otterbox for it and put some heavy duty 3M hook and loop tape on it to secure it to the bike.  I found the click wheel is no good with my riding gloves, I can click it but cant adjust volume. If I buy a remote its gonna get wet and be just like the lyra.  I dont use a tankbag anymore.  I wonder if I can modify a finger in my glove to make the click wheel work?  How does the click wheel work anyway?  Its like touch pad on a laptop, why doenst it work with my glove on?

HS...just curious as to why you don't use a tank bag anymore. I thought once most people start using them that they wouldn't be caught without one. I was looking into buying one in the future, or is there something I don't know about them ?

Archived