Which CBR shock fits the '91? Shock needed badly..

Guest wyldemannn

600rr is close, but can't get any physical dimensions yet. Supposedly the 929/954 shock works, but again no measurements yet. Definitely has the correct horizontal bolt orientation.

• Forum CEO

If you cant source a cbr shock you can get yours rebuilt for about $100-200 bucks or so at Linderman Engineering. They service the so called unserviceable honda oem shock, link is in the links section click above on the title bar. Here is the email link give them a jingle they can probably help you affordably.

jim@le-suspension.com

Great idea Miguel. Lindemann can disassemble the shock, put new seals in it, recharge it with oil and nitrogen and you're off and running for way less than the cost of a new stock shock.

Tough to find aftermarket shocks for a '91.

Sorry for not directly answering your question, but I don't know which other Honda models shocks might work for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Any luck with this yet?

Did you go out riding on that 80+ degree day we had? I was out and meant to call... Got pretty far from where I live & got off the bike, to realized I had not brought my phone with me. I just kept going.

Later, Ian

• 4 months later...

Anybody ever heard of Bitubo supensions??? They've got a pretty wide selection of stuff...

Also, what was the answer to this original question?? Is it either the CBR 929 or 954???

Archived